Dixieleeschicks

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2023
Hi I am a new member living in the UP of MI. I grew up around chickens in NC where I am from (for meat and eggs) and have had them a couple of years, but only one year since moving to the UP of MI. Before that I lived in the Detroit area and before that AZ and many other places. The recent motive for moving was to get a farm where I could raise chickens without trouble that city life brings, even when chickens are allowed. I have 2 Australian Cattle Dogs. I have one rooster, 8 hens, and 14 guineas that live in a coop in the barn. During the day they are let out of the coop to roam around in a large area of the barn. They do not go outside yet but did in the spring and summer and will again once the weather warms. They are all sex linked chickens except for one sapphire gem. The guineas are a mix of pearls and purples. We are currently on day eight of an incubation from the hens. Everybody is about a year old in the spring except the gem and one sex link that are about 2.

Hi I am a new member living in the UP of MI. I grew up around chickens in NC where I am from (for meat and eggs) and have had them a couple of years, but only one year since moving to the UP of MI. Before that I lived in the Detroit area and before that AZ and many other places. The recent motive for moving was to get a farm where I could raise chickens without trouble that city life brings, even when chickens are allowed. I have 2 Australian Cattle Dogs. I have one rooster, 8 hens, and 14 guineas that live in a coop in the barn. During the day they are let out of the coop to roam around in a large area of the barn. They do not go outside yet but did in the spring and summer and will again once the weather warms. They are all sex linked chickens except for one sapphire gem. The guineas are a mix of pearls and purples. We are currently on day eight of an incubation from the hens. Everybody is about a year old in the spring except the gem and one sex link that are about 2.

Back
Top Bottom