Fun-feathers

Chirping
Jan 18, 2024
Hello,
I started my chicken adventure after Covid hit and schools closed. My granddaughter was staying with us 5 days a week and some nights as well, due to her parents work load and them living in a different town. I decided building an incubator, hatching and raising a few chicks would be bith fun and educational for her. Nobody told me how addictive it could be...lol. We started off with 4 Beilefelder chicks who unfortunately turned out to be 1 pullet and 3 cockerels. Ran out and purchased what was available in definite female chicks, which were ISA browns. Then, my granddaughter saw all the colorful eggs and our rainbow search was on. We have a mixed flock now of Marans, Ameracauna, Olive eggers and Easter eggers, some from heavy bloom lines. We are working on improving our egg colors and plan to start projects to have varied colors and patterns in their feathering. We want some pretty unique colored eggs and the chickens to also have pretty, unique feathers.

I decided building an incubator, hatching and raising a few chicks would be bith fun and educational for her. Nobody told me how addictive it could be...lol.
Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

We have a forum of incubators and brooders you might consider sharing your homemade incubator in. And yes, addictive it sure is!! :jumpy

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

We have a forum of incubators and brooders you might consider sharing your homemade incubator in. And yes, addictive it sure is!! :jumpy
When we moved on to more expensive hatching eggs, we decided to buy a incubator. Our homemade one worked but, having everything automatic is much better.

Back
Top Bottom