New Pics of the Button Quail

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
They are 5 weeks old now. I had to separate the boys today from the girls because of the bare backs. I don't plan to hatch any right now and they are not even laying yet, so for now I plan to leave them separated until I decide who to pair up, etc. I still have to put shavings in the boys pen. These guys and girls are not easy to take pics of.

The boys first:

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

And the girls, they were even harder to catch:

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

Any ideas on what the colors are called would be appreciated. Looks like most of the silver ones are red breasted? and the dark male is maybe a red breasted normal? I also have a red breasted normal hen? and a cinnamon? hen and several silver hens. In all I have 4 males and 6 females I think.

Thanks for looking.

Marie

Thanks for the link. That is helpful. But they don't really have like the red breasted silver etc. Guess some are mixed colors and not recognized? I do like them though. I just hate that my girls all have bare backs right now. But maybe they will heal up nicely now that the boys are separated.

Marie

I'm sure there are many more colors, I think those are just the ones they breed, but a good starting point.
smile.png
I'm sure as breeding the special colors gets more and more popular... more and more variations will pop up
smile.png

I am sure you are right. Here are a few more pics I finally got uploaded.

Marie

The girls:

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

The boys:

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking. They are great and make the sweetest sounds.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom