New Rooster crow dampening, noise reducing device

Pics
I agree. However it kind of begs the question – – what purpose would it serve to start the thread? What kind of vicarious thrill could he possibly have gotten out of it?

Kind of boggles the imagination. I believe his last post was page 4.

(Odd, I think of “him” as a ... well, him. Somehow I can’t imagine a woman doing this.)
Lots of people mean well when they start, they just fail to follow through. So many threads asking for help, but then the OP never comes back with an update. Did your chicken die? Did it recover? They move on to other things, life goes on, and the thread is left hanging. Maybe they joined BYC just to ask that one question, and didn't come back when it was no longer a pressing matter. Maybe this person doesn't end up having the means to bring their idea to fruition, abandons the idea, and moves on with life. And here we are, wondering if it was just a troll, or why would they do this... When there's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Or maybe it was indeed a troll. But I like to try with the more human back story first...

Hey all, I am a passionate backyard chicken farmer, and over the last couple years I designed and perfected a simple “device” that dramatically dampens a rooster’s crow to a level that is much quieter than a squawking hen. It is easy to apply. It does not choke the rooster in any way, unlike traditional collars. It doesn’t interfere with their movement, ability to mate, etc. In other words, it humanely and consistently SOLVES the rooster crowing dilemma for urban and suburban chicken owners everywhere.

I created it in order to be able to keep my own roosters that I hatched from eggs when we got attached to them. I have had the “device” on them on for over a year, and my neighbor’s never even knew they were free ranging out back just 15 yards away.

I won’t go into the details, but my solution was not very intuitive and took a ton of trial and error.

What kind of demand do you all think there would be for this sort of product? How would I go about convincing people it is actually humane and saves the lives of roosters (and the heartbreak of chicken owners who have to give them up)? I know there is always a lot of controversy about traditional collars, and I made sure that my design was as comfortable as possible. And it will NOT choke your rooster 😁

-Aaron Heerboth
Make sure you get a Patent on it.
Contact a Patent Attorney in your area BEFORE putting it on the market.
Good Luck.
You have nothing to loose and Money to gain.

Well, they may have had a legitimate design, but didn't want to divulge details due to patent issues. <shrugs>

At the risk of sounding like a seasoned (oldish) internet person, It feels like a troll. I found the thread by searching for what to do when the roos first get their hormones and the no crow collars feel drastic yet you need time to make decisions on breeding stock. I'm humbly new at breeding and protective of my boys going to good homes until I'm good and ready. Living rural, noise is no issue to anyone but me.

i know which roos to rehome based upon how kind they are to the hens and how much they weigh by now, but I'm not rushing into rehoming roos I've paid a lot for in efforts to begin a breeding program with endangered birds.

Roll eyes here, but my hobby is interesting enough to research and this pandemic has eliminated a lot of in-person meet ups usually available.

it feels like a troll to get newbies to wail about their crowing roos, and I've obviously become jaded in 25 years of internet drama. So JMHO YMMV. 🤓

View attachment 2256126
Intentionally you can’t see the device here but you can see the proud rooster with his flock. My yard is a total mess in this pic, but you can see the grey house is our neighbor and they are quite close. I live in Southern California so houses are quite close together. Yet the roosters are never a problem 😁
I would pay very good money to get my neighbors' roosters to be quiet. Can we do business?

Back
Top Bottom