New Timer

welcome.gif
Welcome to backyard chickens!

They can stay on starter\grower until they start laying eggs. You could also switch to layer at 16 to 20 weeks for pullets.

I use flock raiser from hatch to lay and then switch when I see the firs egg from the group

Howdy:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)
Don't know about feeding them "grits" but I guess you could...:lau (sorry, couldn't resist) if you free range you won't have to give them grit they will pick it up themselves as they forage. The only time I would give them grit would be if they were in an enclosure with no gritty soil and feeding them grains. They need grit to help breakdown the grains in with their gizzard.

G’Day from down under cute fuzzy chicks :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has a Learning Centre and also Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group. There are a few on incubating eggs and raising chicks.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other 'children', you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out :p

Back
Top Bottom