New to Guineas....color?

SummerChick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Somerset, Texas
Hi, i am new to guineas but not new with BYC, i acquired 8 guinea keets when they were about a week old, now they are about 2 months old. Came here to read a bit about them and had no idea all the different colors their are. Can anyone or Peeps, tell me the colors i have please?
Went to your site Peeps and looked at all your beautiful pictures of yours and i can see how addictive hatching could be!!

Pic 1

Pict 2

Pic 3

I hope the pics are good enough to show their color...the darker ones have brown on the tips of their wings and were totally brown when they were younger.

I can't ID them, but they sure are cute. Mine are 10 weeks now (maybe 11) and their casques are only slightly larger than yours. Nice pictures!

I am not sure, but it looks like you have pearl grey and peral grey pied. The lighter ones, I know are not coral blue, so maybe a lavander or light blue. I hope someone else...peeps will pop in and tell you what you have. Either way they are good looking guineas, enjoy them.

Hi Summer,
I see several Pied Pearl Greys (the pearled dark greys with white chests and brown on the wing tips... they will lose the brown after they molt again), and I see Lavenders (the pearled light blues). It's hard to tell from these pics but you might have a Brown in there too... (the bird at the top right in pic 1, and on the lower left in pic 2). Post more pics if you can, I should be able to tell you if I see a Brown for sure or not.

And yes, they are addicting... you might as well start building a new coop now lol.

Hi Summer,
I see several Pied Pearl Greys (the pearled dark greys with white chests and brown on the wing tips... they will lose the brown after they molt again), and I see Lavenders (the pearled light blues). It's hard to tell from these pics but you might have a Brown in there too... (the bird at the top right in pic 1, and on the lower left in pic 2). Post more pics if you can, I should be able to tell you if I see a Brown for sure or not.

And yes, they are addicting... you might as well start building a new coop now lol.

goodpost.gif
Funny - when I started out, I thought "One coop will be plenty for me" and now, just a few weeks after the completion of our second coop, I'm planning another expansion for the spring. Will the madness ever end? :).

Hi Peeps.... The darker ones are all the same or at least look it to me but would be great to have a brown one! I will try to get better pics but as soon as I snap the pic they move lol. I do like lavenders because one man told me they were pearls but I didn't think so. Thank you peeps.

Jleigh.... Yep building might be in the works soon!

Thanks everyone! :)

Back
Top Bottom