tiktok

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 10, 2008
brisbane, qld, australia
hi all,

have spent far far too long gaining ideas on this forum
smile.png

we're acquiring three isa browns on saturday. starting coop on (let me think) saturday, should be interesting ;-)

converting old shed, leftover garage cupboards and the space between a 6' fence and 6' retaining wall into a coop/run.

plan to free range on our block but have to see how we go with current residents (permanent residents 3 cats - totally indoor except when supervised, two dogs - one belgian malinois, one corgi/chihuhua cross, one rescue cockatiel, one rescue budgie, one geriatric rspca bequest cat, endlessly changing numbers of respca foster kittens)

as the dogs are great with kittens, will assume they'll be the same with chooks with a bit of careful explanation (bit concerned about the little dog, likes chasing birds but understands "ben, don't touch that, it's part of the pack").

cheers
donna

welcome-byc.gif

My mother was an Australian war bride. She comes from a large family, and was the only one to leave the country, so I have a good number of relatives there, most of whom I don't even know.

Anyway, it sounds like you are well on your way to a healthy chicken addiction!

Last edited:
And by the way, how do you pronounce Brisbane? I'm thinkin' "Brizzzzz bain", but that cannot possibly be right.

Back
Top Bottom