Newbie learning, confirm breed and gender

marcrey

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2024
Dallas/Ft Worth Texas
My wife brought home 4 chicks from TSC and 4 weeks later we are still trying to figure out if the are the breeds TSC told us and are hens. They are supposed to be Hampshire, Silver laced wyandotte, Gold Sex link and Production Red.
Thoughts appreciated! Thanks in advance
1000017252.jpg
1000017249.jpg
1000017250.jpg

Starting from top pic, left to right I would say New Hampshire Red or Production Red for the first. The chick on right I would say is the Golden Sexlink.

Pic #2 is a Golden Laced Wyandotte.
Pic #3 doesn’t appear to be any of the above mentioned breeds. Maybe a Plymouth White or White Leghorn. Looks light it had an injury. Keep an eye on the others that it doesn’t get pecked. They love blood. Good Luck!

Starting from top pic, left to right I would say New Hampshire Red or Production Red for the first. The chick on right I would say is the Golden Sexlink.

Pic #2 is a Golden Laced Wyandotte.
Pic #3 doesn’t appear to be any of the above mentioned breeds. Maybe a Plymouth White or White Leghorn. Looks light it had an injury. Keep an eye on the others that it doesn’t get pecked. They love blood. Good Luck!
Thank you.
Pic 1 left is supposed to be a New Hampshire Red so that seems right.
Pic1 right is supposed to be a Golden sex link, so right again
Pic 2 is supposed to be a Silver laced wyandotte, but it appears you are correct and it is a gold lace wyandotte instead.
Pic 3 I thought my wife said was a Production Red, but she said no supposed to be some type of sex link, but she doesn't recall which type. Clearly it isn't Production Red. I guess we will see what it is when it gets a bit older.

The wyandotte pecked the unidentified chick last night. She's going to bully isolation tonight. She's pecked all three of the others since we got them.

Thanks!

Thank you.
Pic 1 left is supposed to be a New Hampshire Red so that seems right.
Pic1 right is supposed to be a Golden sex link, so right again
Pic 2 is supposed to be a Silver laced wyandotte, but it appears you are correct and it is a gold lace wyandotte instead.
Pic 3 I thought my wife said was a Production Red, but she said no supposed to be some type of sex link, but she doesn't recall which type. Clearly it isn't Production Red. I guess we will see what it is when it gets a bit older.

The wyandotte pecked the unidentified chick last night. She's going to bully isolation tonight. She's pecked all three of the others since we got them.

Thanks!
Years ago I had 2 Golden Laced Wyandotte hens. They were beautiful but they were my least favorite in my flock. They were mean! I must be a glutton for punishment bc I picked up 2 blue Wyandotte pullets! We shall see how it goes. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom