ChiggenFeets

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2024
HI!

First time poster, long time lurker from Northern Colorado. Have a small backyard flock with a couple of bully 1 year old Gold Laced Wyandottes (see also twins from the Shining - jk) we are hoping to rehome. We've tried chicken re-education isolation camp for several weeks (because weeks is how long it took one girl to heal) but everytime they go back in with the others, they pull feathers out and bloody up other's vents. Otherwise, they are sweet and gentle with people. I just don't get it. They'd be perfect for someone who only wants a couple of chickens. Fun story.. they don't bully each other only chickens that don't look like them.. racist chickens, who'd've thought?

Attachments

• IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1980 Copy.JPG
    IMG_1980 Copy.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Some birds just "go bad". :D I had a Black Australorp hen that ripped combs, flogged the other hens, she even bit me! I was always finding blood on things from her aggressive ways with the others. I eventually resorted to pinless peepers, although this wasn't the greatest option either. After she passed on, my flock was thrilled to pieces. :D Some birds are just aggressive.

Best wishes with your flock!

Welcome to BYC. They are pretty and I'm sure you won't have any problem finding them a new home. Your flock will be much less stressed.
I rehomed my two glw for the same reason, along with a barred rock, her daughter, and her granddaughter. They were all okay together, but mean as heck to the rest of the flock. Mine went along with a young rooster, and are well loved at their new home. They are pets to a pre-teen and she has enjoyed them more than I did.

:welcome

Hello, I had a similar problem in my first flock. Years ago I had 2 Black Australorps in my mixed flock and they were holy terrors. A friend offered to take them in because she said she was experienced enough to manage and integrate any birds into her existing flock. Apparently that was not the case, the next time I went to her house the 2 BA's were in a coop/run by themselves and the friend complained how mean they were. :gig

Good luck finding your "problem children" a good home!

:welcome

Hello, I had a similar problem in my first flock. Years ago I had 2 Black Australorps in my mixed flock and they were holy terrors. A friend offered to take them in because she said she was experienced enough to manage and integrate any birds into her existing flock. Apparently that was not the case, the next time I went to her house the 2 BA's were in a coop/run by themselves and the friend complained how mean they were. :gig

Good luck finding your "problem children" a good home!
Oh no! Yeah so far they are quite comfortable in their isolation crate. It's funny.. we left them out for a bit, took about 10 min for them to go back to their rebel ways.. but when we came over with treats, they waddled into their crate and waited patiently for their worms. It's like they know they belong in jail.
:hmm😆

Back
Top Bottom