alliehuff0316

In the Brooder
May 20, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Very new to chickens! My husband got me my first 6 chicks on Mother’s Day last week!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We are up to 14. We initially got 6, then the next day another 6. Two unfortunately died within the first week and we added 4 more yesterday.

(3) What breeds do you have?
A bunch! Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, Lavender Orpington, Marans, Sapphire Gem, Ameraucana, Blue Laced Wyandotte and Starlight Green Eggers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
So far I’m just enjoying raising them. They’re all about 3 weeks old and I’m looking forward to getting the coop built and watching them grow.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I’m a SAHM to 2 little boys ages 3 and 7 months. We have a golden retriever and live in the Midwest. I somehow deleted question 5- oops.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Very new to chickens! My husband got me my first 6 chicks on Mother’s Day last week!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We are up to 14. We initially got 6, then the next day another 6. Two unfortunately died within the first week and we added 4 more yesterday.

(3) What breeds do you have?
A bunch! Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, Lavender Orpington, Marans, Sapphire Gem, Ameraucana, Blue Laced Wyandotte and Starlight Green Eggers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
So far I’m just enjoying raising them. They’re all about 3 weeks old and I’m looking forward to getting the coop built and watching them grow.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m a SAHM to 2 little boys ages 3 and 7 months. We have a golden retriever and live in the Midwest. I somehow deleted question 5- oops.
Welcome to BYC! I would love to see pictures of your flock! Are you planning to buy or build a coop?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Nice introduction. Wonderful variety of breeds you picked, will make for a colorful chicken yard for sure!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about them along the way, be sure to ask.

Welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom