• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iluvorpingtons

Songster
7 Years
Sep 22, 2012
Backstage
This story is based on my RP Run With The Pack. It's about wolves, basically, but I won't give anything else away.
wink.png

Prologue:

Dark red colors started to stain the sky as the battling wolves began to stop.

Over thirty wolves--maybe more than two packs, maybe not--stood wounded in the shadows of ancient trees. Bodies had been dragged to the sides they had fought for, and countless wolves were wounded beyond repair. They had fought for nearly the whole day now. Now, the only wolves still fighting were two dark he-wolves.

One of them was leaner and quicker. He was such a dark gray his coat could be mistaken for black. He was wounded like all the wolves, but he was obviously doing better than the he-wolf he was battling. "You were never able to stop me, Mountain," he snarled. "Give up. Stop the bloodshed. You knew my pack was destined to rule this land."

A deep growl rose in the throat of the lighter gray wolf he battled. "Never. You built your pack on MY land, Nox. You don't deserve a single step's length of it."

They both charged each other again. Mountain latched his jaws around Nox's shoulder and forced him down. He slammed his paw onto the darker wolf's throat and released, strangling him. As Nox started to weakened, Mountain started to adjust his hold so death was certain. Suddenly, Nox's paws shot up. The wolf threw Mountain off himself and pushed him to the ground with a shove.

A few wolves started to intervene, but both he-wolves seemed determined to fight to the death. They circled each other one second; then they were gripping each others pelts in their fangs the next. "This is useless," Nox remarked angrily, "Give up, and our world will no longer be chaos."

Before Mountain could reply, haunting howls rose into the air above them. Every wolf's hackles bristled at the noise. Allies. But who were they about to aid. Nox and Mountain locked eyes, certain they were the one to receive help.

"Stonepack!" A wolf cried as the stream of fresh wolves appeared one after another.

"Yes." A white and gray she-wolf glared down at the two fighting wolves. Her mate, a brown he-wolf, trotted up beside. The subordinates of all the packs froze. Four alphas: Nox, Mountain, and the Stonepack leaders. Nox lifted his chin confidently. His golden eyes dared the Stonepack leaders to command their pack to attack.

The alpha male of Stonepack stepped forward calmly. "We know why we're here. The fighting ends today."

"And how do you know that will happen?" Nox growled.

The alpha female stared him straight in the eye. Yellow meeting Gold. "Stonepack," she announced. "Attack."

Nox's howled in rage as the Stonepack wolves pushed him towards the very edge of the territory. He was too weak to fight back. The wolves pressed on. Soon the dusky wolf was sprinting full speed towards the border.

"Leave now," Stonepack's beta snarled. "And you will be spared the terrible death we can bring upon you."

Nox's black lips curled in fury. "I'll be back!" A low growl rose from his chest like a plume of smoke. "One day. Soon..."

With those last words, the gray he-wolf disappeared from the history of the packs forever. He never came back.

"Thank you," Mounatin said to the Stonepack alphas. "Elderberry, Aspen. How can I--"

"Remember, we won't be allies for long," Aspen, the alpha male said sadly. "More battles will come after Nox's pack leaves. We WILL take their old territory."

"Hopefully the peace will last...for a while." Elderberry smiled. "But who am I to say what choices our pups will make."

Mounatin turned and watched the pack fade away into the distance. He smiled, but his high tail seemed to brush the red sky. Bloody, its color, yes, but also as vibrant and hopeful as a new rose. As the future.

OwlLover, if you still want to collaborate on this story, just start your part at whatever time you want and I'll add "Story By Me and OwlLover" to the title.

Chapter 1

Back in Stonepack, a she-wolf writhed in her den, with whimpers escaping her mouth. "Come on," another she-wolf urged above. "You're doing great, Si'ralle."

"No, I'm not!" Si'ralle snapped. She bit so hard into the stick in her mouth, her gums began to bleed. She let out a throaty whine as a massive shudder racked her boy, and a black she-pup was born. The she-wolf standing over her licked the pup firmly, breaking the membrane gently and stopped when it squealed. Si'ralle grimaced in agony, letting out a whimper as the next pup slid onto the moss. A male. Weakly, Si'ralle forced herself to lick the pup, letting out a howl as a third was born. Afterwards, a fourth and a fifth was born, before Si'ralle's labor ended. Her stomach still felt like sandbags, but the worst was over, thankfully. She gazed down at her pups lovingly, rasping her tongue over each of their heads. Exhausted, she then lay her head on her paws and fell asleep, comforted by the sound of her pups suckling gently at her belly.

She awoke to a beam of sunlight shining in her face. Smiling at her pups, she gave them a lick on the ear, raising her head as she saw a shadow come across the entrance. Her fur rose and her lips curled instinctively to protect her pups, before she realized who it was. Her mate, a chocolate brown wolf with a patch of white on his chest. "Hi, Flame," she smiled. "Meet your pups."

Flame smiled. "What are their names?"

"I'm not sure yet," she replied. "I was waiting for you."

Flame just grunted in reply. He was too busy gazing proudly at his pups.

"I know what we'll call this one," Si'ralle said, rasping her tongue over the first born.

"What?"

"Senkah."

Last edited:
Chapter 1

Back in Stonepack, a she-wolf writhed in her den, with whimpers escaping her mouth. "Come on," another she-wolf urged above. "You're doing great, Si'ralle."

"No, I'm not!" Si'ralle snapped. She bit so hard into the stick in her mouth, her gums began to bleed. She let out a throaty whine as a massive shudder racked her boy, and a black she-pup was born. The she-wolf standing over her licked the pup firmly, breaking the membrane gently and stopped when it squealed. Si'ralle grimaced in agony, letting out a whimper as the next pup slid onto the moss. A male. Weakly, Si'ralle forced herself to lick the pup, letting out a howl as a third was born. Afterwards, a fourth and a fifth was born, before Si'ralle's labor ended. Her stomach still felt like sandbags, but the worst was over, thankfully. She gazed down at her pups lovingly, rasping her tongue over each of their heads. Exhausted, she then lay her head on her paws and fell asleep, comforted by the sound of her pups suckling gently at her belly.

She awoke to a beam of sunlight shining in her face. Smiling at her pups, she gave them a lick on the ear, raising her head as she saw a shadow come across the entrance. Her fur rose and her lips curled instinctively to protect her pups, before she realized who it was. Her mate, a chocolate brown wolf with a patch of white on his chest. "Hi, Flame," she smiled. "Meet your pups."

Flame smiled. "What are their names?"

"I'm not sure yet," she replied. "I was waiting for you."

Flame just grunted in reply. He was too busy gazing proudly at his pups.

"I know what we'll call this one," Si'ralle said, rasping her tongue over the first born.

"What?"

"Senkah."
(Awwww! It's Senkah!!)

Chapter 2

"Give me that!"

It was the first time four two-week old pups from Emeraldpack had ever been outside...and they had argued the whole time. Ash, a black male, growled at his sister Nyx as she stole the leaf from him again. "Give it back!" he yipped angrily, "It's my turn to play with the leaf!" He chased her past their mother's den, stumbling and yelping all the way. Nyx snickered, tearing the leaf in her jaws.

"Gah!" she yelped, choking on the soft pieces. She spat them out and shook her head.

Ash glared at her. "Look, It's ruined now. You tore it apart."

Moss, the other he-wolf who had been watching them the whole time with a smile, rolled his eyes at his two siblings. "That was no fun anyway. Let's do something."

"Follow me!" Ash popped up immediantly. "I'll play leader. We can be a pack. My pack." Moss fell behind him like a beta, but Nyx stumbled off on her own. She was tired of Ash being the leader, the alpha for the day. It was her first day more than a few feet away from the den; she wasn't going to spend it running after her hyperactive brother.

She spotted Thrush's three-week old pups over at the other side of the denning site. The first was a pretty brown she-wolf named Lark. The other was a gray wolf named Storm who she'd rarely see from the den. Curious, Nyx scampered behind a bush and watched what the two older pups were doing. Lark was chewing on a thick bone from the last kill the pack had made. Storm was watching the rest of the pack. He seemed calmer than Ash, but also like all the energy had been pent up inside him the entire time.

Thrush padded up to her pups. Nyx heard her say something to Storm and Lark. Her words were lost as Nyx rolled around to find a more comfortable spot. Storm and Lark eagerly ran after their mother as she left. Nyx's ears pricked as she heard Moss and Ash running around closer to her. She turned around and watched them from her spot in the bush. Ash was running around after a grasshopper. Everytime he got within a few feet of it, it would hop away suddenly. Moss bounded dutifully after him, much slower than his bolder brother.

Suddenly, Nyx was knocked off her feet by a heavy, furry shape. She let out a sharp cry as she tumbled to the ground. Storm stood over her, laughing at his own cleverness. "I caught you! I caught you!" he exclaimed.

Nyx glared at him with eyes like yellow fire. "That wasn't fair."

Lark trotted over. "Storm! Storm! Oh...hi pup. Let's play hunting with Mom."

Storm jumped up and down. "But Nyx is going to play with us, right?"

"No!" Nyx rolled herself onto her feet and stomped off. Her soft pelt bristled. It would be fun to play with them--as long as she wasn't the prey!

"Nyx, Moss, Ash!" Her mother called from the den. "You're all FILTHY."

"Aww...here comes the licking," Moss complained. Nyx ran after her siblings toward their den.

Chapter 3

"Come on, Senkah!" Russet whined, pawing at her sister. All the pups in the litter had opened their eyes, except Senkah. "Si'ralle won't let us play until you've opened your eyes too!"

"I'm trying!" Senkah retorted indignantly. She tried and tried to open her eyes, but they were stuck.

"Let her sleep all day if she wants to," their other sister, Atra, muttered.

"But then we can't play!" Stratadon, their brother, argued.

"All I want to do is get more than two seconds of sleep," Atra snapped.

Senkah staggered as her eyes snapped open. Her eyes were the prettiest sapphire blue. "Yay!" Russet shouted, tackling her sister. Senkah flew back with a yelp.

"Hey, now," Si'ralle said sternly, pulling them apart, "go play outside, and don't be too rough on one another."

"Yes, Si'ralle," mumbled Russet as she trudged out of the den. "We know." Atra watched her siblings leave, before letting out a snort and going back to suckling on Si'ralle's belly.

Senkah blinked in astonishment as she went outside. A cool breeze ruffled her fur, and the sun shone in her eyes. Giving a yelp of glee, she slammed into Stratadon, who gave a yelp of surprise. She wrestled with him playfully, letting out a yelp as Russet and their other brother, Sol, joined in. Si'ralle got up and padded out of the den, watching her pups with a smile. Atra sat by herself, scowling. Senkah lifted her head, "why don't you come play with us, Atra?"

"I don't want to," Atra mumbled. She padded off into the Stonepack camp, by herself. Senkah cocked her head with confusion. She never understood why Atra was always so grumpy and standoffish. Shrugging, she dove back into the wrestling match with her siblings, flinging mud all over the place.

But Si'ralle was much more concerned as she watched Atra pad away. Atra had always tried to be the dominant one from birth, and she gave off a strange vibe, almost as if there was evil, tucked beneath her fluffy pup pelt. It was strange and mysterious, and Si'ralle didn't know how to explain it. She shook her head fiercely, as if trying to shake off a twig. Atra was a pup; how could she be nearly as bad as Nox? She was probably just the outcast of the litter.

Senkah let out a squeal, hopping away from Sol and sending clumps of dirt into the air. Sol tackled her again, and they rolled in a flurry of fur and paws. Atra came padding back, rolling her eyes at her brother and sister. Senkah lifted her head, "come on, Atra, it's fun!"

Atra let out a puppy growl. Si'ralle nudged her forwards, "go on, Atra."

"If I have to," Atra rolled her eyes, padding towards her siblings. Senkah tackled her, and they wrestled. Atra was noticably fiercer, almost as if she was actually fighting. Si'ralle's ears lifted as Senkah let out a squeal; not a squeal of excitement, but pain.

"Hey, you're hurting me!" Senkah yelped as Atra bit down on her paw. Senkah tried to jerk back, letting out a cry of fear as a scarlet ribbon welled up around Atra's teeth.

"ATRA!" Si'ralle barked, yanking her away by the scruff. "What did I tell you this morning about playing with your teeth?!"

"Sorry, Si'ralle," she mumbled.

"You tell that to her!" Si'ralle snapped. Atra just rolled her eyes, and padded away. Si'ralle blew out a sigh. "Are you alright, Senkah?"

"Fine," Senkah muttered, trudging in the den after Russet. Si'ralle shook her head, going inside after her pups.

As Si'ralle lay down, she called to her pups. "Come on, it's time to go to sleep!" The sky was darkening, and the moon rose, bathing the ground in moonlight. After a few minutes, Senkah's eyes opened again. When Si'ralle opened her eyes, she saw that Russet and Senkah were quietly wrestling with one another. "Hey!" She growled quietly. Senkah and russet froze. "Go to sleep." They did as they were told, but after a few more seconds Senkah opened her eyes and snapped playfully at Russet's ear. "Heyyy." Si'ralle growled. Senkah lowered her head, and then went to sleep for real.

(Hope I played Atra out alright, orps...)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom