No blood dead chicken

RiChicken420

Chirping
Apr 24, 2018
rhode island
Ok I woke up this am let my birds out all but one came out went I. The coop found one dead no blood feathers anywhere clean murder scene missing the lower left side of her kneck like it was cut out now I seen a weasel a few weeks back so I sealed any holes in the coop haven't seen any signs of 1 Sence I was thinking maybe a raccoon I know the go for kneck any ideas of what it was if any one wants to see the bird for clues I'll post a pic

We need to see pictures of your birds and your coop to determine what it was. Also what's your general area so we can research the predators there.
So sorry for your lost.

We need to see pictures of your birds and your coop to determine what it was. Also what's your general area so we can research the predators there.
So sorry for your lost.
Rhod island. Coops pretty good cement and mesh under ground in the coop mesh along walls only on spot is possible now that I look there was one spot probably a coon only gap I'd the middle right on that door allawound is gapfree may not look it but all but where the latch is past the door in a cement run in to the coop

Attachments

• 20230110_113412.jpg
    20230110_113412.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230110_113945.jpg
    20230110_113945.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 10
A weasel can get thru a 3/4" gap...and that does look like a weasel kill.
I didn't know that 3/4 looks like I'll redo the run in the spring I have 1in up will have to lock them in the main coop at night for now so it was a weasel makes sence no blood I did see small amount by in that gate but that was no where near her body probably was on weasels fur last time I had attack like this was 8 years ago 32 birds no blood or heads in 1 night one lived I still have her

Back
Top Bottom