No Eggs for a Week

Me and my kiddos have made them frozen treats this past week a couple times. As well as they have 2 different water containers. I will add electrolytes to one and see if that helps. These chickens have basically anything they could possibly need so I'm starting to think they are just freeloaders. It's honestly discouraging. I've had chickens before and this is honestly the most frustrating group I've had.

Me and my kiddos have made them frozen treats this past week a couple times. As well as they have 2 different water containers. I will add electrolytes to one and see if that helps. These chickens have basically anything they could possibly need so I'm starting to think they are just freeloaders. It's honestly discouraging. I've had chickens before and this is honestly the most frustrating group I've had.
I’ve had freeloaders too. Very frustrating! Hopefully something works to get them back to laying soon

Any chance of hidden nests?
I realize you did get eggs the first days so they might have learned where to lay or maybe not??
Other thoughts ...the break from shock is normal. Is the reason for frozen treats high temps? The heat could be extending the break
The temps aren't super high during the day yet...I'd day average of 75 right now, it will get much hotter this summer though. My kiddos just thought they'd like to have a treat haha. No chance for hidden nests because I haven't let them free range much this past few weeks as I'm on bed rest and I'm not allowed out and hubby is at work 12+ hours. He's been moving their tractor around to fresh grass every other day and they haven't been laying on the ground or anything, because I briefly thought they might have been laying at the back on the ground or something. They laid all those eggs the 1st week I owned them in the nest boxes. Just odd. Maybe they'll pick back up eventually.

Back
Top Bottom