No eggs yet but lots of mounting (normal?)

Thanks for all the notes! My two pullets finally became hens yesterday when the laid their first eggs. This is my first time and you would think I had a goose that laid golden eggs!

Glad to have read all the posts--looks like the roos start mounting prior to egg-laying--I just didn't know what was normal--I was also worried because I make my own organic feed and hoped that they were getting the right nutrients--apparently, so--the eggs were perfect, fairly large and very healthy looking (and tasting). Sooooo, excited here--we also had just purchased six more baby chicks--they are separate from the others until they are old enough to mix in...looking forward to more happy egg-laying hens!
big_smile.png

Robmcsched
Carmichael, Ca

My poor most-mature girl is squatting like crazy every time I pet her! She is looking for Love in all the wrong places... we roo she has no roo.... No eggs yet and I am following her around, picking her up and showing her the nest boxes. My DH just scratches his head and thinks "crazy chicken Mama"
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

robmcsched - I have an Americauna roo and he's the best! My four year old can pick him up and tote him around. He's also great at protecting his hens! We did hatch him with our incubator and spent alot of time with him. I am truly a novice when it comes to chickens!!! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom