None of the 22 eggs I placed in my Nurture Right 360 incubator hatched!

NevadaEmma

Songster
Mar 24, 2021
I have been incubating both chicken and goose eggs for about 3 years with this incubator. At least half of the 22 chicken eggs usually hatch if not more. Sainme with the goose eggs, about half of the eggs (either 6 or 8) hatch.

I have never had none of the eggs hatch.

I did notice that the temperature dropped one night to 26 degrees and then would go up to the high 50s to low sixties at times. When I candeled the eggs at about 10 days, they eggs did not seem to be forming as I would have expected. Just before lockdown I thought there might be 4 eggs that had matured, but it does not seem that they are going to hatch. Today is day 30.

If nothing happens this weekend I think I will toss the eggs and open the ones I thought would be successful to see if anything formed.

Any thoughts?

I have been incubating both chicken and goose eggs for about 3 years with this incubator. At least half of the 22 chicken eggs usually hatch if not more. Sainme with the goose eggs, about half of the eggs (either 6 or 8) hatch.

I have never had none of the eggs hatch.

I did notice that the temperature dropped one night to 26 degrees and then would go up to the high 50s to low sixties at times. When I candeled the eggs at about 10 days, they eggs did not seem to be forming as I would have expected. Just before lockdown I thought there might be 4 eggs that had matured, but it does not seem that they are going to hatch. Today is day 30.

If nothing happens this weekend I think I will toss the eggs and open the ones I thought would be successful to see if anything formed.

Any thoughts?
Nothing will hatch at 26, 50 or 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

I would think the bad fluctuation messed up development. I would crack open all of the eggs and take note of if they were fertile, and if they were, when they died.

I know that Nurture Right 360s are good incubators, I have one myself. It is sad that yours gave out.

Do you do dry or wet hatches?

OOOOppps! I meant the HUMIDITY, not the temperature.
:lau

I'm laughing with you, not at you. We've all made that kind of mistake.

With humidity what matters is how much total moisture the eggs have lost during the entire time, from when they were laid until hatch. Instantaneous humidity isn't that important until you get to lockdown. What is more important is the average humidity and different averages work for different ones of us. Low or high humidity should not stop them developing until late in incubation. Sounds like yours stopped early.

Yes, it is unusual for none of the eggs to hatch. I'll link a couple of articles that might give you insight into what might have happened.

Trouble Shooting Failures with Egg Incubation | Mississippi State University Extension Service (msstate.edu)

Common Incubation Problems: Causes and Remedies (ucanr.edu)

Opening most of the eggs could give you some good clues as to when they stopped developing if you still have them. For a complete failure like this I'd think maybe a temperature spike that killed the embryos. You've had too much success otherwise.

I would think the bad fluctuation messed up development. I would crack open all of the eggs and take note of if they were fertile, and if they were, when they died.

I know that Nurture Right 360s are good incubators, I have one myself. It is sad that yours gave out.

Do you do dry or wet hatches?
I do wet hatches. I was really looking forward to this group hatching as I lost 6 hens and my spare rooster (who was going to be gorgeous) to a couple of hunting dogs. No blood, the necks were just snapped.
I thought I had used the eggs from the hens before the attack.

Thankfully my husbands favorite rooster Tank survived. It has taken awhile but he is just about normal. He is a special boy!
Tank.jpg
Younger rooster #1  photo 2.jpg

I do wet hatches. I was really looking forward to this group hatching as I lost 6 hens and my spare rooster (who was going to be gorgeous) to a couple of hunting dogs. No blood, the necks were just snapped.
I thought I had used the eggs from the hens before the attack.

Thankfully my husbands favorite rooster Tank survived. It has taken awhile but he is just about normal. He is a special boy!
He is beautiful and I am very sorry. It is sad to lose chickens.

I wish you the best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom