North Carolina

This was quite a busy weekend, I hope everyone had a good one.

Careful with wind and fires, Hollow. I'm glad all is well today.

We finally brought home our new Peacocks; Two hens, and one cock.
One of them tried to split her little scull open on the ride home, but if we all give prayer, I'm sure she will be fine. She did really well when DH held her so I could doctor her head the last few days. I hope it does not end up scared badly. Beth, using large swabs did help with the application of the blue coat. Once we got her calm I could use the pump sprayer as well. It's amazing how an animal will calm to the person taking care of it, even if they don't know them sometimes. The hubby says that the other Peas are laughing at her padded helmet now.

Chicks from late fall are growing out good, and will be ready to go on layer Wed!

I did get one chick from one of the hens lost (Avid) so far that looks like her. Another is pippin (Dove's chick) the boys will be happy with this, especially the 6 year old, He is so soft hearted.

I have 3 extra Silkies at the moment if anyone is looking for chicks, and one adult roo-Silkie. If the girl does not come and get .... that will be 4 Silkie chicks soon.

Ramirez, I did not find a Pedi-paws, but I did get the one the Walmart carried, and I did some of her beak, but will have to do another sitting, and do some more. It does look better than it did, and I think that she will cooperate if I give her the break. She handled that thing being basically in her mouth, pretty good. Again... they know when you are doing for them???

I will post new pics soon.

The hubby hates me going to TSC for anything right now.... Bator is loaded. Turner is loaded with eggs in line waiting for the bator, and TSC has chick days...
We have been in there for, fruit trees, feeders, pet meds, Kennel fencing etc.... I have too look, I can't help it! They had Sumatras, But now they don't (some crazy lady bought them) They had Ameraucanas, but now they don't...........................

Have a good day everyone.
...and Hollow, I gave up on catching up on news feeds.

Last edited:
Happy monday back to work for me... looks like I will be working all weekend coming up since all my orders are set for the 11 due date.. 200 lawns due this should be fun.

All chickens doing well trying to save a few eggs so luke can hatch them for me if i can get there if not maybe I will get with coop and get them set... anyway look week ahead for me
Jon

I am in Richlands,NC.And I got 12 WhiteSilkie eggs that need to be sold.I don`t want them to go bad.They are s precious.The parents are on the site.I don`t have good enouh camera to get pics. of them.But they are from Beth G. bloodlines.And all her Silkies are beautiful. They are $35 for a dz. S/H included.Please someone buy these.Thanks so much, Sandra

Ramirez, I did not find a Pedi-paws, but I did get the one the Walmart carried, and I did some of her beak, but will have to do another sitting, and do some more. It does look better than it did, and I think that she will cooperate if I give her the break. She handled that thing being basically in her mouth, pretty good. Again... they know when you are doing for them???

I will post new pics soon.
Yes, the first few times you will have to do breaks in between til it's where it needs to be. Than you just do "up keep" on it and it shouldn't take so long to do. Glad to hear it's going smoothly for the both of you.

Hello everyone!

Well I lost the Cornish that was outside for two days... He was upside down in the coop when I went out at dusk for check.

Had to get it out before my daughter saw it. So now we are down one... but that was to be expected I guess.

Hope everyone has all the chicks they woke up with!

Hello everyone!

Well I lost the Cornish that was outside for two days... He was upside down in the coop when I went out at dusk for check.

Had to get it out before my daughter saw it. So now we are down one... but that was to be expected I guess.

Hope everyone has all the chicks they woke up with!
And one more!

Sorry you lost your chick. My son gets upset when they leave for a re-home, so we have tried to keep him from seeing, when we have had bad pred attacks an such. Messy. He knows, because they are gone, but to see is another story. He started to get upset about a few that we lost recently, and I took him to the bator, and the brooder to show him a chick, and a n egg with the name "Dove" wrote on it that was pippin. This helped him a lot to see some good. Dove's baby is out of the shell now, and I just hope she does well.
fl.gif

Good morning folkls
frow.gif

So sorry for those of you who lost some chicks
hugs.gif

It started out on the cold side yesterday but it
did warm up some by days end and with the
coming daylight time change, just maybe I can
get home with enough daylight left so I can get
more done during the week. I see trees with
buds and flowers on them and even a few
with small leaves. I hope none of the fruit trees
had flowered out yet.......a frost could hurt the
fruit crop for this year.....I sure hope it doesn't.
fl.gif

hope your day is a good one
clap.gif

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

Like all of us, I am watching for my One True Sign of spring. I bet everyone has something they watch for. What's yours? Mine is ....tent caterpillars. They know when the last hard freeze is over. Mostly. But when I see them, I'll start planting tender things.

Three more very long days this week. I'm already exhausted from a ten hour day yesterday.

Enjoy your day!

Like all of us, I am watching for my One True Sign of spring. I bet everyone has something they watch for. What's yours? Mine is ....tent caterpillars. They know when the last hard freeze is over. Mostly. But when I see them, I'll start planting tender things.

Three more very long days this week. I'm already exhausted from a ten hour day yesterday.

Enjoy your day!
Um...what are tent caterpillars?? I plan when other farmers tell me to plant...that's my "guide"...LOL Maybe I need some signs!!

I am ready for spring!! I am ready for my chickens to start laying eggs and quit holding out on me and I'm ready for some warmer days that can be spent outside!! Then I realize I still have a yard full of dirt and I remember that maybe I don't REALLY want all that warmer weather just yet. LOL. We are suppose to have an up and down week weather wise, but this weekend it's suppose to be NICE!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Enjoy your day!

Um...what are tent caterpillars??  I plan when other farmers tell me to plant...that's my "guide"...LOL Maybe I need some signs!!  

I am ready for spring!!  I am ready for my chickens to start laying eggs and quit holding out on me and I'm ready for some warmer days that can be spent outside!!  Then I realize I still have a yard full of dirt and I remember that maybe I don't REALLY want all that warmer weather just yet.  LOL.  We are suppose to have an up and down week weather wise, but this weekend it's suppose to be NICE!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Watch the trees this spring, particularly the wild black cherry and plum. You'll see them. I can't link very well on my iPad, or I'd link you to images.

It is supposed to be nice this weekend! I can't wait! It's the start of Spring Break!

Back
Top Bottom