North Carolina

Hey everyone I am back on BYC after a few years of hiatus. I have 4 elderly 5-8 year old hens, 3 cockerels (8 mos old), and 8 pullets same age. Getting tons of eggs, and mostly fertilised I was observing as we eat them. So, I decided to try incubation for first time. And getting goats this summer. And have a new job close to home for the first time in 5 years. So life is pretty good in Alamance Co, as soon as I figure out this incubation thing better.
I just got back on myself. I remember reading your post back then. Everything is so different now and fun looking back on my old photos, got to update that for sure
Hey everyone I am back on BYC after a few years of hiatus. I have 4 elderly 5-8 year old hens, 3 cockerels (8 mos old), and 8 pullets same age. Getting tons of eggs, and mostly fertilised I was observing as we eat them. So, I decided to try incubation for first time. And getting goats this summer. And have a new job close to home for the first time in 5 years. So life is pretty good in Alamance Co, as soon as I figure out this incubation thing better.

I don't know why it is, but I'm hearing more and more friends talking about moving to NC and wanting me and the fam to move out there too. If we get to the point of thinking about moving I'm gonna ask y'all what's so great about living out there!
wink.png
it is gods country

Hey guys. I have an NC specific question...
My chicks are 3 weeks old, brooder has been on back porch but getting so hot! The babies are mostly feathered and only using lamp at night. It seems too hot to put them outside. The coop/pen they are going to has some shade from a tarp, but the big hens are miserable too. They have been spending some time in the dog pen out there to see he big girls. When should they make the “real” move?

I need the brooder for next hatch in about a week.

Back
Top Bottom