North Carolina

Power is out at my house, apparently has been for like 8 hours now! grand son says temp in brood box is 69 and babies are all huddled in a corner
hit.gif
fl.gif
I'm at work til 6am nothing I can do!

We did the entire fiber festival yesterday, so have extra time to explore Chicago. Found a used bookstore that sells books by the pound! We'll hit that today. We'll also take some time to go sit on hhe beach at Lake Michigan and chill.

I miss my dogs and my chickens. :'(

My first predator strike this year - one of my Ameraucanas was killed by a snake - her head and neck were smushed and bloody, looks like the snake got her up to her shoulders, and killed her, and then let her go when it just couldn't do any more. SOOO infuriating....pretty sure this is the six-foot black snake we have debated about killing. We hated to kill it, especially since up til now it hadn't caused much problem, but I'm guessing this was that snake. My poor pretty girl.

My first predator strike this year - one of my Ameraucanas was killed by a snake - her head and neck were smushed and bloody, looks like the snake got her up to her shoulders, and killed her, and then let her go when it just couldn't do any more. SOOO infuriating....pretty sure this is the six-foot black snake we have debated about killing. We hated to kill it, especially since up til now it hadn't caused much problem, but I'm guessing this was that snake. My poor pretty girl.

So sorry!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom