North Carolina

My husband told me today that I was petting a chicken like it was an animal. ???? Apparently he didn't do well in biology.
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Got a question for you all. This is the second night my three-week-old chicks have stayed outside. This evening I was making sure they were all fed and watered and two, one really worse than the other, constantly kept on chirping. The only time they would stop would be when I held them and then they started purring. None of the other chicks did this. I can still hear the main one chirping as I type. I put the heat lamp on them, made sure they have food and water. What else can I do?

Got a question for you all. This is the second night my three-week-old chicks have stayed outside. This evening I was making sure they were all fed and watered and two, one really worse than the other, constantly kept on chirping. The only time they would stop would be when I held them and then they started purring. None of the other chicks did this. I can still hear the main one chirping as I type. I put the heat lamp on them, made sure they have food and water. What else can I do?

Just want their mama. LOL They will fuss for a bit and then quiet down.

Just want their mama. LOL They will fuss for a bit and then quiet down.
I had one that did that, I put a medium size stuffed cat in with them, did the trick! Sure did look cute, those chicks snuggled up to a stuffed black cat!!

one of my little week old Buff Orpington's does that, they will settle down eventually, think they are just testing to see if you will come if they get in trouble
smile.png

Hello all! I live in Albemarle, North Carolina. (Stanly County) I am about an hour from Charlotte.
My neighbor has been complaining about the "noise" my roosters make and he is now asking me to get rid of them. I have some beautiful Golden Phoenix roosters and one very handsome White Easter Egger rooster. They are all healthy and friendly. The Phoenix's make excellent show birds. Their tail feathers get very long and shiny. If anyone is interested, please message me. Thank you!
thumbsup.gif

Pick them up and hold them untill they go asleep for the night.
barnie.gif
or treat them like a spoiled brat and only make sure they are safe and warm (this time of year a big heat lamp might be a bit much) At 3 weeks old they should not need much heat. Also I second the idea of a stuffed toy, They do work for my loney chicks.
thumbsup.gif

Good luck!
Scott

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom