North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Hello! I'm from Yakima... hoping to find some new chicken friends!
smile.png
I'm in Hayden, Idaho
frow.gif

Does anyone get their food from Cenex co-op in CDA/post falls? Kinda wondering if their prices are better than other places. Been getting my food at country store, just the aslin finch kind.

I have multiple chicken questions. Some size questions, and some color questions. Hoping someone can help!

#1--- on color
If i keep a lavender ameraucana with buff ameraucanas what colors would come of it?
I know they would be easter eggers, but would the colors be light? Or dark? Or is it unknown?
I like light colors, and dont want black

#2---- - i have a silkie/ ee who is very small compared to all the standard girls.
She has a crest, bearded, clean legs, blue legs, 5 toes, and is bantam size. Pea comb.
If i want more like her should i keep a silkie roo with her? Or like a bantam ameraucana? Bantam ee?

#3---- can a silkie roo or a bantam ameraucana breed with standard size chickens?

Thanks in advance! I have so much to learn!!!

I have multiple chicken questions. Some size questions, and some color questions. Hoping someone can help!

#1--- on color
If i keep a lavender ameraucana with buff ameraucanas what colors would come of it?
I know they would be easter eggers, but would the colors be light? Or dark? Or is it unknown?
I like light colors, and dont want black

#2---- - i have a silkie/ ee who is very small compared to all the standard girls.
She has a crest, bearded, clean legs, blue legs, 5 toes, and is bantam size. Pea comb.
If i want more like her should i keep a silkie roo with her? Or like a bantam ameraucana? Bantam ee?

#3---- can a silkie roo or a bantam ameraucana breed with standard size chickens?

Thanks in advance! I have so much to learn!!!

#1 they would be considered ee and would probably look like blacks with leakage

#2 99% of silkies are bantams, there are LF silkies but they are extremely rare. She sounds like a mixed bird, not a pure silkie with clean legs. Silkies have a walnut comb. You would put a silkied bird with her to create more. Crossing out to a non silkied bird will give you non silkied offspring.

#3 yes, if they are really determined.

#1 they would be considered ee and would probably look like blacks with leakage

#2 99% of silkies are bantams, there are LF silkies but they are extremely rare.  She sounds like a mixed bird, not a pure silkie with clean legs.  Silkies have a walnut comb.  You would put a silkied bird with her to create more.  Crossing out to a non silkied bird will give you non silkied offspring.

#3  yes, if they are really determined.

Thanks so much. I dont want black so i wont do that. And
Yes she is mixed. Her mom was silkie mix, dad standard sized ameraucana. And she has regular feathers. But is definatly banty sized.
And good to know! Thanks again!!

One more question
I seen somewhere on backyard chickens that if you breed a pure Ameraucana rooster to a pure white leghorn hen the male chicks would have yellow legs and the female chicks would have the blue legs
I didnt save the picture and cant find it again. Anyone have experience with this?
Edited:
I found it....
girls would have slate legs/ males white legs ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom