North Idaho / Eastern Washington

@UGLYFOOT hi, did your f/w hatch yet?

I had two separate hatches of only one duckling. My in-laws took them both. I have had terrible hatches for ducks and turkeys. Not sure what's up with that. Turkeys are done laying for this year I guess. Might try some more ducks if there is interest in the ducklings, but I don't want to get stuck brooding them. Yuck. Their cute... Just messy

They r difficult to hatch, sorry your hatcheswere small. Can i buy some fertile f/w duck eggs from the person u got yours from? Can u get me in touch w/them? Thanks

I had momma hen on 3 eggs, 2 hatched this morning and one had a pip. I covered her nest box and brought in the new borns for brooder box-ing. Then I went back to remove the old shells, and the cover was off box, and I could not find the pip egg. I guess ma got into a fight with hen who removed cover and they ate the last baby.

Update on the Deathlayer chicks. All are thriving! Moved the new brooder box indoors after the light switch was turned off in garage killing my only two shipped egg Silverudds Blue (Isbar) to hatch, a White Ameracauna and a turkey poult. Saved the other three Ameracauna and the turkey. So the"Platinum chicks" as my hubby calls the Deathlayers are safe and sound indoors with 11 Serama next door.

Fertility check of the first silkied eggs proved to be duds, but more are in an showing signs of life!

Easter HAL has the fertility checks for BCM'S, Silverudds Blue (Isbar), Ayam Cemani and more Silkied AM's, plus 68 quail eggs.

New Standard colored Double Laced Barnevelder rooster is in quarantine in the greenhouse where he will be joined by the girls in three weeks. He did well at the Monroe WA show. The breeder Janell Pruette from Western Wa, took champion Continental with her Double laced Barnevelder hen.

That is what's happening at Fowl Creations Farm..
Hooray for the Deathlayers thriving!!! Sad about the loss of the other chicks and the duds on the SiAms. But yay on more eggs showing life!!

They r difficult to hatch, sorry your hatcheswere small. Can i buy some fertile f/w duck eggs from the person u got yours from? Can u get me in touch w/them? Thanks

The ducks at my house belong to my daughter. I don't know who she bought them from. We have fertile eggs though that I will sell cheap to you if you are interested.

The ducks at my house belong to my daughter. I don't know who she bought them from. We have fertile eggs though that I will sell cheap to you if you are interested.

yes, i am very interested in fawn & white runner eggs. can you take a pic of your pair/s i would love to see them.
when and where can we meet, so i can buy some eggs? thanks

yes, i am very interested in fawn & white runner eggs. can you take a pic of your pair/s i would love to see them.
when and where can we meet, so i can buy some eggs? thanks

They always seem to be heading away from me. Lol

I am saving up a few to stick under my frustratingly persistent broody turkey hen.
But after that we can arrange something. I am off with thru Friday. So like Thursday? They are $3.00 each.

Edited to add: I have a quad. And I am now NPIP tested for PT and AI just last month.

Last edited:

They always seem to be heading away from me. Lol

I am saving up a few to stick under my frustratingly persistent broody turkey hen.
But after that we can arrange something. I am off with thru Friday. So like Thursday? They are $3.00 each.

Edited to add: I have a quad. And I am now NPIP tested for PT and AI just last month.

Congrats on the NPIP testing! I would like to do it eventually but I want my breeding pens built first.

Back
Top Bottom