Northern California Breeders

melalthia

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 9, 2008
Boulder Creek, CA.
Any NorCal Breeders out there? If there are, could you give a shout out? Also...if you list the breeds of birds you might have available this spring, that would be lovely. Would love to purchase "locally."

Thanks so much.
-m

I'm gonna start beeding my Brown Leghorn chickens, but I need more hens before I can start hatching the eggs.
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I just started hatching eggs, I have 9 Rhode Island reds, in the bator right now, I also have 17 eggs (4 difffernt breeds) in the bator now, but I can't remember what breeds the woman I bought them from said they were, I believe 1 is a Cuckoo Muran, and I believe 2 are Welsummer, but I can't remember the other two breeds (I emailed her, she sould get back to me soon). I also just purchased 11 Silkie eggs, they will be going in the bator when they arrive this week. I'm doing Chickens as my first test Hatch, but plan to do Button quails in the future, as I can keep them where I live, the chicks I'm hatching now will have to be sold soon after they hatch.

Good luck from Kelsey in Chico, CA!

I've got eggs under broodies, but don't breed myself. I won't be able to give the chicks all a home, so I'll have some for sale. I figured I would do it on Craig's List, but will post here as well.

Under broodies: black copper marans, silver laced wyandottes and golden laced standard cochins.

I also have an order due this summer of day old chicks from Sandhill Preservation. These will be extraordinary birds - standard sized mille fleur leghorns. I won't be able to keep all 25 (minimum order amount), so I'll have those as well.

I'm in Saratoga off 85 and 17. Love to meet chicken folks in the area!
smile.png

FourAcornsFarm: Hi! I'm in south San Jose and I've been looking everywhere for someone local with maran chicks. If you end up having 1 or 2 for sale, please let me know!
smile.png

I have black copper marans chicks - from Wade Jeane and Presley lines. Straight run and they're a month old. 3/20 hatched

I also have 9 Std. Mille Fleur Leghorn chicks for sale. They're a week old and are from Sand Hill Preservation Center. Also straight run.

Whee!!!!!

So, does anyone in N. Cali. have any hens for sale? A friend of mine lost a hen
sad.png
(has six others) and would like to buy 1-2 more. Her other six are around five mos old. She's keeping them as laying hens/pets and has grandkids that visit.

Thanks,
Kathy
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom