Nostalgic TV shows.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
We recently changed from DirecTV to Verizon FiOS, and now we have channels that play really old shows that I grew up with. Anyone remember:

Columbo
McMillan and Wife
McCloud
Gunsmoke
Bewitched
Beverly Hillbillies
Dick Van Dyke Show
Barney Miller
The Honeymooners

We are having a BLAST!!!!!

I remember Bewitched, my sister watched that.

For me, definitely Lost. I know it's not exactly a long time ago (though I did start watching it when I was 14, now I'm 19, so it kinda seems like a long time ago to me) but it's very nostalgic to me. The best tv show ever, I am so obsessed with Lost. :D

And I love the Disney's classics as well! I love my Direct TV!

Emergency! Randy Mantooth was a hunky! A real cheesy show!
Adam 12
Batman
Superman
Bonanza
I Love Lucy

I noticed in the 70's, there was a lot of cowboys and police shows. Now they have pot on TV, more like soap opera kind of theme.

The hubby is currently on a 'Rawhide' kick. I used to watch this show as a kid just to see the horses and cattle. Today, I find the show rather lacking and realize what terrible horseback riders the drovers actually were.

However, I googled information about the show and learned several amazing facts. Rawhide is based on a true story where one man decided to transport a large herd from Texas to Missouri. I think he started with 1,000 steer and arrived with 300. This man did write a diary which the show is loosely based on. His main complaint was the cattle spooked and stampeded on a regular basis.

Eric Fleming who played Mr. Favor was killed in 1966 at the age of 41 while shooting a movie in Peru. He drowned after being tossed from a canoe. He worked at Paramount as a laborer after running away at 8 years of age from an abusive father. He also served in the Navy as a SeaBee and was a master carpenter. (I researched SeaBees and took an amazing trip into naval history) He had several plastic surgeries on his face after lifting a two hundred pound object on a dare. He never married and never had children.

Not that anybody needed to know this but I have fun learning about actors in these forgotten shows.

My next project is the man who played 'Wishbone'. He's such a cantankerous old coot!

Last edited:
I love the Columbo show. My mom would watch it when she and my dad were first married. He was in the military so she spent a lot of time alone. A couple years ago she bought several seasons of Columbo on DVD and we watched them. And the Dick van Dyke show is always a riot!

I love MASH (I had a thing for Hawkeye), Gilligan's Island ( I had a thing for the professor, lol), I Love Lucy, Happy Days (The Fonz), Fat Albert, Laverne & Shirley, The 3 Stooges, The Benny Hill Show, Hee Haw, Quincy, and several other shows I can't recall right now. Mhmmmm.

I love those older shows, so much better than what's on now days. We have a lot of our favorites on DVD (just got in Leave It To Beaver last week
smile.png
). Next on my list is The Dick Van Dyke Show; I used to love watching the reruns of it when I was little. It comes on in the mornings on TV Land; it's been fun watching the episodes all over again. My mom's really been in to watching one of her old favorite shows lately, In the Heat of the Night.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom