Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

6 week old Columbian Wyandotte.

4 week old black english orphington
..and this is a roo?

5-6 week old black english orphington
I think this is a pullet

This little Black Australorp had us worries at 4 weeks when a red comb sprouted and there were definite red patches where wattles would be
4 weeks

But at almost 6 weeks, things seem to have paled out

Now I think this it's looking more like a she?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure my 4 week old EE is a girl, but just for fun, it'd be interesting to a chicken newbie like myself to see what others think. A little background on her... She's the same age as my other 5 girls but MUCH bigger (although the pics below don't do justice to how much bigger she is). She never starts fights with the other girls but she never backs down either. I've noticed that while she makes sure she gets her share of food, treats, water, etc., she also makes sure that everyone gets some too. Until the past week she was always the first to come to my when I visited them throughout the day but was never much interested in interacting with me. It was as though she would just like to make sure it was me and then go about her business. Finally, she is more likely than the others to be wandering around by herself, leaving the others (probably all BA's) to their business. Here are a few picks of her, let me know what you think, thanks!
Pullet, I believe
I have 8 straight run speckled sussex chicks, Should be right at 4 weeks old: I'm thinking pullet left, roo on right
Close up of same one on right in previous picture. Comb and wattles just turned pink about a day ago
Here are my chicks in question. Any help would be appreciated.
6 week old Columbian Wyandotte.
Pullet
6 week old Ameraucanas.
Roo
4 week old black english orphington ..and this is a roo?
5-6 week old black english orphington I think this is a pullet
Roo

How do I upload pics to here. I have tried previously yet the pictures never upload. I appreciate any assistance.

Matt

ChickenLover200 - thank you for sharing your expertise! I was a little unclear what your guesses were on my pictures since you were answering several of us at once. Could you tell me again what you think about my Columbian Wyandotte and my two Ameraucanas? Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom