Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

10 week black Australorps male?? Female??
Need pics of the sides...
Hello, first time chicken owner. This gang is about 6 weeks. I think they are silver duckwing OEGB
. When they were chicks, they looked almost identical, but 3 of them had a more distinctive and sharper pattern. Now they have large dark combs. Im assuming they're little roos, but wanted a second opinion.
Three roos, three pullets
This is the only picture I have on my phone. I will post more in a few hours when I get home. They are 5 weeks here.
need a photo in natural light :)
9 week old Jubilee orpingtons Thinking pullet for the white banded one and cockerel for the green banded? hope I am wrong and both pullets?
I'd say your guesses are correct

These 4.5 week old Easter eggers confuse me, the comb color is the same but one has 3 rows visible = rooster (right?) but the other has pea comb also but with only one row visible. So do I go only with comb color and judge them both roos or is the comb shape an indicator too?

Are you sure they're that young? At 4.5 weeks any birds with a comb that red is a boy

Hello, first time chicken owner. This gang is about 6 weeks. I think they are silver duckwing OEGB

. When they were chicks, they looked almost identical, but 3 of them had a more distinctive and sharper pattern. Now they have large dark combs. Im assuming they're little roos, but wanted a second opinion.

Yeppers they're your boys

I can't view your pictures
hmm.png
Strange. Those links to the albums look live to me, but it could be that the domain is blocked for you. I've put the pics in line now.
Again, sorry for the poor quality.

-----
Chick #1 Was yellow chick, now mottled grey and brown - Likely an easter egger

---------
Chick #2 was chipmunk chick, now pretty brown and black. - Likely an easter egger

-------
Chick #3 Larger Black and White Chick, now mostly black - Likely an australorp or jersey giant
It's actually really tough for me to tell the black chicks apart. Sorry for the quality again.

-------
Chick #4 - Small Black and White chick, now mostly black - darker legs - Likely an australorp or jersey giant

-----
Chick # 5 - Small Black and White chick, now mostly black - lighter legs - Likely an australorp or jersey giant

--------

Strange. Those links to the albums look live to me, but it could be that the domain is blocked for you. I've put the pics in line now.
Again, sorry for the poor quality.

-----
Chick #1 Was yellow chick, now mottled grey and brown - Likely an easter egger

---------
Chick #2 was chipmunk chick, now pretty brown and black. - Likely an easter egger

-------
Chick #3 Larger Black and White Chick, now mostly black - Likely an australorp or jersey giant
It's actually really tough for me to tell the black chicks apart. Sorry for the quality again.

-------
Chick #4 - Small Black and White chick, now mostly black - darker legs - Likely an australorp or jersey giant

-----
Chick # 5 - Small Black and White chick, now mostly black - lighter legs - Likely an australorp or jersey giant

--------
Chick 5 is a pullet. 2 through 4 look like cockerels. Need a better photo of chick #1 without hands in the way.

Chick 5 is a pullet. 2 through 4 look like cockerels. Need a better photo of chick #1 without hands in the way.
Wow, we were guessing that 2 and 5 were pullets. I'll try to grab some better pictures of the chicks today if weather allows. Thanks very much!

Back
Top Bottom