Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

It's 80 degrees today, so I brought all the babies out of the brooder and into the outdoor run for photos. They are now five weeks old, and I am seeing some red combs!

Can you help me sex these chicks?
Chick #1 - Easter Egger. Stormfly is all personality, and a streak of lightning when s/he decides to run. Often gets involved in tiffs.

Chick # 2, Marans. I think Callisto is a pullet, based on the Marans chicks I had before. Thoughts?

Chick #3 Frizzled Easter Egger, black. I have no idea if this is Heather or Heath. Easter Eggers confuse me.

Chick #4 Frizzled Easter Egger, blue. Windshear does not have the little ridge that Heather does. Neither of the frizzles ever gets into fights, not ever.
\

Chick #5 - Jubilee Orpington, much smaller than (her?) brother, who has the big red wattles. Hoping that Charlotte is a girl, despite the pinkish comb and scuffles with boys.

Chick # 6 Easter Egger, suspected pullet.

Chick #7 Easter Egger. Loki is a suspected cockerel, who will not stand still for pics.

Thanks for any help you can give sorting out the boys from the girls.
smile.png

-Cerise

ok, my niece and i have been trying to figure out which of the chicks she has is boy or girl, and was wondering if you guys could help. There's 2 broilers, 4 bantams, 2 Rhode island reds, 2 new Hampshire reds and 1 ameraucana.

Ameraucana

It's 80 degrees today, so I brought all the babies out of the brooder and into the outdoor run for photos. They are now five weeks old, and I am seeing some red combs!

Can you help me sex these chicks?
Chick #1 - Easter Egger. Stormfly is all personality, and a streak of lightning when s/he decides to run. Often gets involved in tiffs.

Chick # 2, Marans. I think Callisto is a pullet, based on the Marans chicks I had before. Thoughts?

Chick #3 Frizzled Easter Egger, black. I have no idea if this is Heather or Heath. Easter Eggers confuse me.

Chick #4 Frizzled Easter Egger, blue. Windshear does not have the little ridge that Heather does. Neither of the frizzles ever gets into fights, not ever.
\

Chick #5 - Jubilee Orpington, much smaller than (her?) brother, who has the big red wattles. Hoping that Charlotte is a girl, despite the pinkish comb and scuffles with boys.

Chick # 6 Easter Egger, suspected pullet.

Chick #7 Easter Egger. Loki is a suspected cockerel, who will not stand still for pics.

Thanks for any help you can give sorting out the boys from the girls.
smile.png

-Cerise
They all look female to me except for Loki.

They all look female to me except for Loki.
That would be amazing and wonderful! I have another chick that I thought was a cockerel, so I didn't post pics, but maybe I need another set of eyes to check it out again?

Chick #8, Mottled Orpington. Emily or Emilio? Friendly, gets in scuffles, smaller chick, pink comb, no visible wattles.

Back
Top Bottom