November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

I have to, I promised hubby, LOL! With 150 chicks/chickens or so right now our feed bill is killing us
hmm.png
I went back to fermenting their feed and that is helping I think. I had planned on selling off the extras a few weeks ago, but then the flock got fowl pox
sad.png
So I can't sell anything till I know for sure everyone is 100% healthy. Soon we will be paying more to feed them than us, and I only have about 5 hens actually laying so they sure aren't paying for themselves, LOL!
I was starting to have concerns about are feed cost aswell but I figured since mine were laying , i might selling baby chicks and eggs to start off setting some of the cost!

I did a lockdown humidity test on my homemade incubator, and I had no problem maintaining temp and humidity throughout the day. As long as it maintains the temp overnight, I am starting my first ever hatch tomorrow!!
Dont do it! I repeat dont do IT ! Its like a drug you cant stop!
wink.png
Im on my fourth hatch and Im already planning what i want to put in next ! Its such a cool thing to see them born . Good luck on your first hatch!

How many hatched out of how many?  ANd where are the pictures?  Did a chick really hatch if we don't get to ooo and ahhh over it?
LOL! You must have missed the pics :) I ordered 12 eggs, she sent 18 and 13 hatched. Unfortunately one was a "premie" and didn't make it due to lung issues. So in the end I got 12 out of the 12 I ordered - which is great compared to every other batch of shipped eggs. (Best being 3 out of 20 eggs)

LOL! You must have missed the pics
smile.png
I ordered 12 eggs, she sent 18 and 13 hatched. Unfortunately one was a "premie" and didn't make it due to lung issues. So in the end I got 12 out of the 12 I ordered - which is great compared to every other batch of shipped eggs. (Best being 3 out of 20 eggs)

Ok, I did see those. I thought maybe you had another hatch. I love this picture.

Here is one of my new peeps
jumpy.gif

one little Maran is half out! it's so cute
love.gif

my little girl with the cold is doing fine....I haven't checked how congested she is yet this morning...she's still sleeping but I caught it right away she'll most likely be fine...I have a busy morning but we'll have lot's of snuggles later
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom