Nutrena Chicken Feed

I have been using Nutrena for awhile now. I upgraded to the Naturwise layer pellets. 16%. I also go out of my way to buy from the mom and pop. Great store and always fresh.
20230204_165615.jpg
Wish it was higher % but we have a lot of bugs around here and I try to have more protein leaning snacks for them. Great shells, dark firm yolks, girls are healthy and happy. Pellets are smaller than other brands and work in my feeders better, plus it smells amazing. So, I basically buy it for me lol. Plus look how pretty that bag is!

Last edited:
I used to use Nutrena Naturewise. All Flock and, when they carried it, Hearty Hen (soy free). My flock did super well on both feeds! Its been a couple years but my local Atwoods stopped carrying the Hearty Hen so I just switched to All Flock.

Only reason why I switched off completely is I learned we had a feed mill in state that makes their own brand and I wanted to support them.

Normal yolk colored. there aren't excessive amounts of marigolds or other natural dyes in it.
Our 'mom and pop' shut down because the owner abused animals, and nobody wanted to go there after that got around.
Oh no that’s not good :( We actually we’re able to meet the owners today when we stopped in lol, super nice older couple☺️

I used Nutrena NatureWise All Flock when I started out, was satisfied by it, but not thrilled. Purina's Flock Raiser had less recognizable ingredients listed "grain products, etc", but a better guaranteed nutritonal label (and a better price point). I used the Nutrena when I couldn't get the Purina during the start of the Pandemic, as well.

No complaints.

Since then, I've switched to a local mill - much, much fresher, much better price point, often superior nutritionally, MUCH less recognizable ingredient list.

I used Nutrena NatureWise All Flock when I started out, was satisfied by it, but not thrilled. Purina's Flock Raiser had less recognizable ingredients listed "grain products, etc", but a better guaranteed nutritonal label (and a better price point). I used the Nutrena when I couldn't get the Purina during the start of the Pandemic, as well.

No complaints.

Since then, I've switched to a local mill - much, much fresher, much better price point, often superior nutritionally, MUCH less recognizable ingredient list.
We unfortunately don’t have any local mills (that i know of) around me :/ I wish we did

We unfortunately don’t have any local mills (that i know of) around me :/ I wish we did
X2

Edit: There are a few stores that carry products from Elk Grove and Modesto mills, but they are twice as expensive as the big brands. TSC carries Elk Grove, as a matter of fact. But the feed is for layers. Neither make all flock, and I don't want to give that much calcium to my rooster or my gander.

Last edited:
I use Nutrena naturewise layer pellets 16%protein. They lay good up until winter, in 0 degree weather. I get a egg everytime it warms up like 30 degrees plus. Im switching to Nutrena All flock 20%protein, because ill be getting ducks in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom