NY chicken lover!!!!

We didn't get to much snow, but we did get a few inches of slush before the snow. DH was supposed to plow this morning before he headed out, but slept in and ran out of time. So looks like at naptime I'll have to plow. All the girls are in their house. I left them locked in this morning. I'll go out a nap time to let them out too. I think the ducks are liking having their hut to themselves. I gave them some fresh straw last night so they are all snuggly in there. The chicks and ducklings are doing fine. I had to lower the heat lamp some so it is a little warmer. Our back room is cold. We have a heater back there and we try to keep it at about 50, but on these cold days the heater has to work hard to keep it at least at that temp. I think that they like it better now. I may put a heating pad under the brooders at the end to make sure that they are warm enough.

Have you tried the poultry hatchery in Fayette?  After my disaster with chicks in the mail, I'm going to give them a try this weekend.

I have also had trouble w the guy in Fayette. Used to be called A&J Farms. Would recommend steering clear of them.

Wow! Love this thread, but it's busy. Obviously some pretty awesome chicken people in NY!
1f600.png

And yikes: that was some of the slipperiest snow I have ever driven in yesterday. Fish tailed my way home. Can't imagine trying that w a horse & buggy!

Anyone know of any houses for rent or rent to own around Syracuse and the surrounding areas? Even Bridgeport, Canastota and Kirkville are good. I'm going to have to move in the coming months. :-(

If Lapeerian wants some I am about half way I don't mind picking them up and meeting her?

What ever works at this point. I hadn't planned on going to TX but my DD wanted me to come so bad how could I say no? My GS Henry is in the back ground going, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi. I'm kind of excited.

I tried to get them to come here but they'd have to wait til summer and can't afford for all of them to come. It's easier for me to go there.

So the chicks are here if anyone will come and get them.

Anyone know of any houses for rent or rent to own around Syracuse and the surrounding areas? Even Bridgeport, Canastota and Kirkville are good. I'm going to have to move in the coming months. :-(

I don't but there are quite a few for sale. I tried to get my DD and hers to live nearby but they won't. Even if we help them get into a house.

DH got home with the snow blower, plowed all the trails needed to rabbit, ducks, chickens, and the shed while I was picking up my oldest from school. Poor ducks had been in all morning cuz I couldn't get to them. They were happy to be out. Snowblower hit my extension cord and chewed it up pretty good. No longer have light or a camera view in the Orp coop. Owell. As long the shed is getting light and the camera works in there so I don't have to venture out every hour to check for eggs. Lol

DH got home with the snow blower, plowed all the trails needed to rabbit, ducks, chickens, and the shed while I was picking up my oldest from school. Poor ducks had been in all morning cuz I couldn't get to them. They were happy to be out. Snowblower hit my extension cord and chewed it up pretty good. No longer have light or a camera view in the Orp coop. Owell. As long the shed is getting light and the camera works in there so I don't have to venture out every hour to check for eggs. Lol

Tell him to raise the "skids" up as high as they will go, so it just skims over the top of the ground. While mine does the same in the drive it does make it so I don't have to shovel.

I once forgot about a bag of sand in the yard and hit that. Funniest thing and thank the Lord didn't wreck the blower. Sand came shooting out and flying over the yard.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom