NY chicken lover!!!!

We are forecast a thaw here nr Buffalo too, we had 18 inches of snow by last Weds, but temps forecast to be up in the 50's tomorrow, so now we switch from snow clearance to basement flood watch mode!
We didnt get that much in Jordan 6- 10 inches maybe ...My grass is starting to pop out out all over again
View attachment 1604217
We added 2 new Red Sexlink Cute I loved my sexlinks ..Dynamite Layers
View attachment 1604231
so much easier when the poopsicles defrost, and aren't frozen to the floor / bedding!
I so hate poopsicles on the roost and my ramp to the hen house
You should submit those 2 pictures for the BYC Calendar

Purple: what a nice greeting card type picture.

I was in TX when the first snow hit so didn't get my hoses in nore shrubs or roses mulched. I hire a kid to come and help me do some things. Covered the runs with plastic and bury poor Norma Jean. She had to be put down while I was in TX. (Partly why I want to give up the chickens, so I can take off when the urge hits me). It was DD's cat who lived with me.

It's been a horrible year. DD went into labor early and the baby was stillborn. It would have been their first. Funny how life works isn't it. Some folks don't really want kids and can pop them out like Pez candies, others fight to have them. We carry on.

My other DD did have a baby in May. He's such a cutie. I call him the Deputy. He's named after his father. So the Deputy works for me. Not MarkSam as his mother calls him. He and his siblings have already spent an over night with grampa. :D

Still working at Wegmans. I miss my wife, and try to think of our lives as in transition. Not sure to what though.

Anyhow things got a bit warmer and I got the hoses in. Lost one but had already bought two new ones, not yet opened. I should be good for next summer. Mulched the butterfly shrubs with hay and the bottoms of the climbing roses. I may get to some others tomorrow. IF it goes to 52* as they predict.

Son and his in Alaska are doing okay with the earth quake. Oh just thought about Sue in Sterling. She's not on anymore thought I do have her address. So many chickens friends have drifted away. Gone but not forgotten. Too this new format has mess things up and I've lost my way to threads I used to follow. Darn!

TTFN, Please be well, I've had enough trouble of Friends for a lifetime.
It's good to hear from you. I'm not a fan of this format either. BYC has become a chore to use rather than a place to easily chat with people. I hope you have luck rehoming as many chickens as you want. I'm only keeping my 3 oldest hens and a rooster this winter. I'm sorry to hear about your cat.

I processed 4 extra roosters last night. It was ok but I decided not to do that again. I don't think I'm hatching this year and I'll give away anything I don't want for free.

I wonder if I'll have enough dry weather to move the spare coop so I can move my 4 chickens out of the barn. I have people coming to repair the sill and roof so it'd be nice for them not to deal with chickens.

Hen passed away of old age. I can't take boys tho oh well thank you for at least replying back

Hello there, checking in from Pleasant Valley! All 6 of my hens have been laying now for about 5-6 weeks, and I just love all the colors! Hope everyone is doing well!

Attachments

• CC8DFB68-3E42-4184-B6CA-3A3969DE67E1.jpeg
    CC8DFB68-3E42-4184-B6CA-3A3969DE67E1.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom