NY/VT: Free Coturnix Quail

Picco

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
NY
I have too many coturnix roosters and I would like them to find a good home. There are five total. 12 week old jumbo pharaoh type. Free to good home. Saratoga Springs, NY.

They're about the size of your hand, not big at all, they have a real pretty cor in the early AM, almost like a chirp. Eggs are good for eating, very small though.

I only keep these guys as pets so I only have a few. When I bought them I didn't know how to tell the hens from the roos so naturally I ended up with far too many roosters (I should have done my homework first!). Sorry, I only have the boys to give away. I do have eggs that should be fertile (hens are with roosters but I haven't tested for fertility). They make great pets; cool noises and naturally very tame. You can eat them and many do but they are so small that it seems to like more work than its worth. You would have to eat at least 2 to make a meal. They are about the size of a robin.

Quote:
oooh very little..haha A little smaller than I hopef for. I've been very tempted to try and breed them for like a big BBQ at the end of a summer but hmmm that would proBABLY TAKE ME ALL SUMMER to collect enough to feed everyone! thankyou anyway:)

Back
Top Bottom