October-hatch-along 2019

Pics
that lavender orp is destined to be a supermodel! OMG so pretty
Thank you! :love

I figured out my unknown chick that I thought was supposed to be a Lav Orp is a Black split to Lavender. So appearance is Black but he/she carries the Lavender gene. The seller said they had two blk split Lav hens in their group of Lavender Orp hens with a Lav rooster covering them- so it was a possibility.
So I ended up with 5 English Lav Orps, 1 English Blk Lav Split, 2 English Isabel Cuckoo Orps:love, 1 English Choc Cuckoo Orp, and 1 Cuckoo Marans (supposedly Golden Cuckoo but looks like reg cuckoo to me).

I have some guineas and silkies I got from the feed store a week ago. They are all in together getting along.
I don't know if any more will hatch. I'll give it a few days.:fl:fl:fl

Nothing bothers me more than people who do not put effort into packing their eggs to be shipped.
I’m with ya. It’s like just flushing the money away. I understand the USPS, and shipping in general is rough. I am willing to take the risk if the breeder does their part. When they don’t, it irritates me to no end. Especially when I’m spending $$$! It just isn’t that much extra effort to double box. :old

Stepping off my soapbox now lol.

Just a little laugh for today for all those dealing with the storms on the east coast... We made a dog rain coat out of our feed bag :gig

IMG_20191020_102148~2.jpg

I’m with ya. It’s like just flushing the money away. I understand the USPS, and shipping in general is rough. I am willing to take the risk if the breeder does their part. When they don’t, it irritates me to no end. Especially when I’m spending $$$! It just isn’t that much extra effort to double box. :old

Stepping off my soapbox now lol.
That's why I'm afraid to ever order fertile eggs that have to be shipped.

so here's an update, one ended up being a failed egg from a week ago that my weak candler didn't show, I had 1 drown in egg white, 2 that were not positioned right and pipped through elsewhere than the air bubble and I didn't know to assist them, so they died stuck in the shell. I did assist the next 3-4 that were in that boat, and all but one are out. So in summary, I think like 4 dead or dud, 3 more that are a day behind are still cooking, 6 drying in the bator, five in the brooder. Several eggs disappeared into an alternate dimension because I started with 22. OMG I'm wrung out!

Back
Top Bottom