Odd egg out... A super bright white?

affacat

Crowing
12 Years
May 21, 2011
Oregon (Northwest, Clackamas County)
I fry eggs pretty much every morning. Today, I cracked 3 in the pan. 2 cooked normal, but the third had a thick, bright white yolk as it was cooking. Like, it stood out against the other two.

If I had been cooking that egg by itself, I'd think nothing of it because it looked fine. But it was so different from the other 2 I composted it because I'd been warned by my wife she found some potentially old eggs about the yard and I didn't float check.

Any ideas? Maybe the other two were old (they tasted fine).

Color is an individual interpretation. Color also plays tricks and will convince us of a certain color by virtue of the colors that the particular color color is placed beside. Was it really snow white or a very pale cream/yellow? It could look very white next to deep yellow or orange yolks.

Yolk color is a direct result of what a chicken eats. The more beta carotene in the diet, and green grass has lots of this, the deeper yellow the yolk.

Color is an individual interpretation. Color also plays tricks and will convince us of a certain color by virtue of the colors that the particular color color is placed beside. Was it really snow white or a very pale cream/yellow? It could look very white next to deep yellow or orange yolks.

Yolk color is a direct result of what a chicken eats. The more beta carotene in the diet, and green grass has lots of this, the deeper yellow the yolk.

Yolks all seemed fine? White looked snow white, even when I moved it away from pan and other eggs and into compost.

There was probably nothing wrong with it, but like i said I've been cooking thousands of our eggs over the years and never remember the whites of one standing out over any other, ever. This one just was different. Maybe it was older and congealed or something? No idea. Smelled fine.

Back
Top Bottom