Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Shard smiled brightly, her chest puffing slightly as she stared after the Solarwing.
"Because I'm an Icewing. I'm Icy."
The dragonet dissolved into giggles, discomfort from the heat easily forgotten.
Eclipse met Sol's long glance, her eyes meeting his with a small, exhausted but grateful smile before he slipped back down the short hall.
"Rest, Tobias," the Lunarwing said softly, scooping a silver wing around Shard and directing her toward the exit. Eclipse stood and started to follow, pausing to give the human a wry look.
"And I mean it. Don't be sneaking outside. Yet."

@_-Captain BRM-_
"Yeah," Tobias said, running a hand down his wet face. "I'll figure it out. I'm thankful the both of you are willing to serve. It's... a unique quality given your circumstances."

(@-Shade- what’s the current situation of the Scorpion Den? I’m reading through the RP but it’s going to take me a good long while until I’m fully caught up.)
(After the breakout in the Scorpion Den, the city is on high alert. Three mercenaries/hunters were sent after the Rebellion and none returned. A higher-up and her dragon were caught aiding the Rebellion and escaped the city. Some functions of the Den may be on lock-down, and security will be high)

"Yeah," Tobias said, running a hand down his wet face. "I'll figure it out. I'm thankful the both of you are willing to serve. It's... a unique quality given your circumstances."
"I owe you and the Rebellion more than I could ever repay. It is the least I can do."
Eclipse gave a deep nod to the human before turning and trailing after Sol through the hallway, Shard bounding excitedly ahead.

@_-Captain BRM-_
(What do we do neexxxxtttttttt)

The sun drifted below a dusty, smauged horizon, and the cooling air tempered her sizzling scales.
Vel landed on shuddering back limbs, clutching the ground with her free talons as she spilled Alicanto atop the sun-warmed, cracking blacktop. She coughed, a jarring, painful motion jerking the RainWing's entire body.
Vel's eyes flicked over the small, shriveled black hybrid, and she crossed her worn talons, sidestepping and turning her gaze.
The SkyWing sat a few yards back, leaning heavily on locked front legs as exhaustion manipulated the starving muscles throughout his lower half.

"Velaria?"
Her name echoed through the forgotten city, and Vel tilted her head up to the gray sky, panting.
A quiet moment passed, filled only with breathing, and the clinking struggle of balancing talons.
"Here, Vel." It was a woman's voice, her tone comforting and mirrored with thick exhaustion. Vel turned her head toward the blurred, tall figure, still wordless, still panting, rendered dumb by fatigue. "We are still here."
She nodded, a weakening motion.
"The others are here."
"They didn't leave," the dragon breathed through a trembling jaw.
"No."
Vel faltered, leaning forward as she limped toward the small, crusted hybrid.
The dark woman hesitated, a frown tipping her lips. "You do not have to bring that in, friend."
"He isn't dead."
The human turned slow on her gritty heel, voice quiet, but direct. "I know."
Vel slid a numb talon across the sand-dusted blacktop, gathering the limp, dry Alicanto against her scaled chest. She coughed again, limping forward on tight, breaking joints. Her wings hung loose and the tips dragged raw.

They didn't leave.
She hadn't been forgotten.
And she was too tired to think them fools.
Spured by emotion, the RainWing hobbled forward, holding gently the dying dragon at her side.
They were Roe's RainWings, the pride of it all uniquely satisfying.
And even without their human counterpart, the RainWings would yet carry the fire.
She was almost home.

(AH don't CHOKE on the CRINGE- seriously how else do I end it tho. I really did try to avoid it at all costs, but I must get on with my irl loiiifffeee SOB-

also, yeah, it's all chock full of adverb overload so *ahehe*

LETS PROCRASTINATE PROCRASTINATION 💪💪💪✨✨✨❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥🫠🫠😁

iM gOinG bAcK tO bEd-
(Ali is just chillin' on death's door rn, so I can't really do anything with him for a while)

"I owe you and the Rebellion more than I could ever repay. It is the least I can do."
Eclipse gave a deep nod to the human before turning and trailing after Sol through the hallway, Shard bounding excitedly ahead.

@_-Captain BRM-_
(What do we do neexxxxtttttttt)
Hmm. What if they started putting together a team?

Dude, let's draft some people in because I am so not slapping all my supposed to be NPCs into this.

Back
Top Bottom