Ended Official BYC Caption Contest 06-03-22 Pic by ShannonsChimkens

Insta Emu. Just add water.
(Not a caption post...you just reminded me of a funny childhood memory...made me laugh)

Yeah, remember sea monkeys? Ads in comic books in the 70s. Just add water...they led you to believe they were Sea Horses in the ad. šŸ˜†
Did anyone else actually order them? What was it really? Mosquito larvae? Brine? šŸ˜†

classic-comic-book-advertisement-sea-monkeys-20190925-wingsdomain-art-and-photography.jpg

I ordered the ghost. Halloween was approaching & I thought it would be cool. ff0b40773554857c8ff04c8cfcfc0eb3--monster-mash-happy-halloween.jpg With shipping and handling, it was a whopping $7.99...hey, that was months of allowance money saved way back then.

After weeks of anticipation & checking mailbox daily...
I received a White Balloon & a Large White Trash Bag!
šŸ˜† šŸ¤£ šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Yeah, remember sea monkeys? Ads in comic books in the 70s. Just add water...they led you to believe they were Sea Horses in the ad. šŸ˜†
Did anyone else actually order them? What was it really? Mosquito larvae? Brine? šŸ˜†

View attachment 3138196

I ordered the ghost. Halloween was approaching & I thought it would be cool. View attachment 3138193With shipping and handling, it was a whopping $7.99...hey, that was months of allowance money saved way back then.
I received a white balloon and a large white trash bag!
šŸ˜† šŸ¤£ šŸ˜‚
I remember ordering Sea monkeys

I donā€™t know what it was floating around in the water but it looked like specks of lint or something

And back then kids could order and pay COD cash on delivery

šŸ¤£šŸ¤ŖšŸ™ƒ

Back
Top Bottom