Oh no! My duck math was off by one...

jducour

Songster
Mar 14, 2015
Utah
I decided to add another wonderful duck to my flock. I was finally able to justify it - I have a family that is buying all of my extra eggs, today she bought 9 dozen and said to let her know when I had more! Wow! I have never before seen someone so excited for a duck egg. She had called her entire extended family, and is splitting the eggs among them. The money I make from selling their eggs more than pays for food and bedding for the entire flock. Win win! I decided to add a sweet girl named Ping to my flock. She is a beautiful Blue Swedish. She is the same age as my other laying ducks, so I hope they all get along well. I will take some pictures tomorrow, she is so pretty!

Can I just add - when this all started this spring, I told my husband I wanted just two ducks. Then I thought four would be nice. I got five. Now I have seven. Tell me, will it continue?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Lol. I'm in the same boat. We got 5 Ancona ducklings in April and then just got 2 Indian runners and 2 white layers 2 weeks ago. I think we are maxed on space unless we get another coop. Other wise I could see more and more!

It's hard to say no, isn't it? I've rescued a few drakes, but I knew I couldn't keep them so it wasn't as hard to find them a new home. It's hard to say no to a duck though, it's hard to come up with a reason not to keep them :)

Back
Top Bottom