Ok do eggs.....

My DH and I were discussing that this evening. He asked me if I can tell the differance. We sell our eggs. I said the only differance I have noticed is that the yokes are a little deeper color and maybe a tad richer in flavor, they tend to stand in the pan a little higher, and that you can't peel boiled fresh eggs.

They tast the same to me
yippiechickie.gif

crack three green eggs into one bowl, three brown into another, and three white into another. Have someone move the bowls around into a random order, then scramble them all and cook three egg sandwiches. Add a little salt, butter the bread, and drizzle a little honey over the top of the egg. Eat all three of them. Let us know which one was better!!! (BTW, whoever randomizes the order has to keep track of which bowl was what!)

lau.gif
gig.gif

My own white, brown & blue eggs all taste the same to me.

The store bought ones are awful though~~I had to buy some recently when my hens stopped laying, & I truly appreciate my hens' eggs more now than ever!

My hens are the best, of course.
big_smile.png

I read in some poultry magazine that when city people go to farms to purchase eggs they expect to get brown eggs because brown eggs equal "country fresh" in their minds. There's no difference, but I'll be happy to sell the city slickers some of my country fresh eggs.

i get brown and green eggs. they all taste the same, and well that taste is better than the store bought organic eggs that my wife used to pay $4.50/dozen for. the double yolkers that we get 2-3 times a week can be a little rich for my taste but are still excellent.

My mom apparently will not eat brown eggs if she has to crack open the shell. But if it's in something, that's fine.
barnie.gif

I thought about getting a whitehorn so that she could have white eggs, then realized she can get her own chickens if she wants white eggs.
he.gif

I am going to get an EE... because I can! LOL

we get green and brown eggs. i am thinking that next spring i want to add a white layer and have been thinking of the white leghorn.

Back
Top Bottom