Okay, okay, I guess silkies are cute.

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
I believe I am going to be gifted with some silkie chicks when HHandbasket hatches some (in her incubator right now, due to hatch May 24th). I believe this because she told me so. Her silkies are SO cute. Never, ever, would I have thought I would say that. NEVER been thrilled or "interested" in pictures of silkies.

Pictures don't do them justice. You have to see them in motion. You have to observe the tilt of the head to look at you. You have to experience the fuzzy little thing padding across the yard to stand next to your feet and look up at you, followed by a little hint of a hop, as if to say "Pick me up!"

I have even told sellers "Please don't include silkie eggs in the order" when I purchased hatching egg assortments. No. Nope. No silkies for me.

But I suppose if a good friend GIVES me a couple, that's different. If the chicks will be half as adorable as those in her yard, I'll be okay.

I can't honestly say I don't like them, any more. Cute buggers. I don't know when they became cute, but it appears they have.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! You have been enveolped by their evilness. No cannot go back. You must move forward and breed more.

I have silkie roos. I cannot seem to get HENS for the life of me!!!! I have three in the brooder, but silkies take like 8 months to show their gender. Soooo. Good luck with that!!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Heheheheheheehe! Evil cackles

That's really what it is too.. the cutest part. Ooo! I cannot see though my head fluff.. where are you, what are you doing? Let me tilt my head this way, no that way, wait! UP? Where on earth did you go?
gig.gif

It's soooo adorable at the moment! Our roo, Velvet... is being so adorably protective of his two girls. Most all of the day.. there the ladies are.. lazing in their sandbox... and Velvet on the roost right in front of them looking out for danger while they relax. Every now and then he will hop in the box for a bit.. still standing.. and have a look about the girls.. like "Hows it going there? Sand too hot on your toes? Oooo aren't you beautiful?!" Then turns right about and hops back up on his roost.

love.gif
Sweet Roosters!

I love photos of silkies! The only place I've ever seen them is here on BYC.
caf.gif
I shudder to think of what will happen when I actually see some real live silkies for the first time!
lol.png
love.gif

Yep...you're in deep doodoo here!!
lau.gif
Once you get them you'll be completely & totally head over heels!! They're animated stuffed animals...cuddly & sweet...you're a goner!!
lau.gif
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom