***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Ladies and gentlemen, and children of all ages! I'm back
1f60e.png
did anyone miss me? Wait, don't answer that you'll hurt my feelings. Joye had some pretty serious heart problems so I've spent some time in the hospital with her. They did a procedure that seems to have helped her and she seems to be back to her old (well old may be to a little strong) self. And I've been recovering from a 5 inch slash on my forearm from a bear. Well a turkey bear. Ok just a turkey, but bear sounds better. It's almost the same thing anyway. My daughter was trying to introduce my grandsons Great Pyrenees puppy to the birds (but the dog is supposed to protect them she said) but the turkeys didn't get the memo. One decided my shoulder was the tallest thing around so he clawed his way up my arm, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. Two emergency room visits and giant doses antibiotics later it's almost healed.
On another subject, raptors got another Narraganset hen and a goose. I can get back to covering runs now, in the meantime I've got a BUNCH of birds crowded in a 20x30 pen.

Wow! sounds like you both have had some tough health issues. It is good to hear you are both improving! Glad to see you back.

This cockerel is a cross between a Columbian Wyandotte and a Buckeye hen. He is now 10 months old...I'm really thinking of keeping him around.
Note also the cockerel with the splint on his leg..he is healing nicely.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, and children of all ages! I'm back
1f60e.png
did anyone miss me? Wait, don't answer that you'll hurt my feelings. Joye had some pretty serious heart problems so I've spent some time in the hospital with her. They did a procedure that seems to have helped her and she seems to be back to her old (well old may be to a little strong) self. And I've been recovering from a 5 inch slash on my forearm from a bear. Well a turkey bear. Ok just a turkey, but bear sounds better. It's almost the same thing anyway. My daughter was trying to introduce my grandsons Great Pyrenees puppy to the birds (but the dog is supposed to protect them she said) but the turkeys didn't get the memo. One decided my shoulder was the tallest thing around so he clawed his way up my arm, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. Two emergency room visits and giant doses antibiotics later it's almost healed.
On another subject, raptors got another Narraganset hen and a goose. I can get back to covering runs now, in the meantime I've got a BUNCH of birds crowded in a 20x30 pen.
Prayers for Joye and yourself for full recoveries and renewed strength.

Do you have a photo of the Turbearkeysaurus? I've never had the pleasure of raising any, so I'm curious to see the size of this monster. The Turkey Rex, found mostly in the northern states, has no predators, making it easy to raise; however, when roasted, it has a reptilian aftertaste.

Prayers for Joye and yourself for full recoveries and renewed strength. Do you have a photo of the Turbearkeysaurus? I've never had the pleasure of raising any, so I'm curious to see the size of this monster. The Turkey Rex, found mostly in the northern states, has no predators, making it easy to raise; however, when roasted, it has a reptilian aftertaste.
That looks like the hen. The one that attacked me was much bigger and had the same mouth but with huge tusks! I found some scratches on my neck so I must have tasted bad or he would have bitten my head off. (Besides, my wife reserves that pleasure for herself
1f601.png
). I've learned (obviously) to take a large weapon into the pen. This was the Mexican breed and tastes like chicken.

Last edited:
@NanaKat. That is a beautiful bird. I'm reluctant to get exotic birds. I just don't have time or pens for them but I like the pictures! When you keep your Roos separate do they fight?

That looks like the hen. The one that attacked me was much bigger and had the same mouth but with huge tusks! I found some scratches on my neck so I must have tasted bad or he would have bitten my head off. (Besides, my wife reserves that pleasure for herself
1f601.png
). I've learned (obviously) to take a large weapon into the pen. This was the Mexican breed and tastes like chicken.

Ooohhhh weeeee Saber Toothed Polar Attack variety!!
Glad to hear/see you back and things being better.

I took my soft sculpture entry to the fairgrounds today. If you have a chance to go to the fair this year, check out the Hand Arts division and look for a lady chicken farmer. This is my favorite part
D.gif

I took my soft sculpture entry to the fairgrounds today. If you have a chance to go to the fair this year, check out the Hand Arts division and look for a lady chicken farmer. This is my favorite part
D.gif

It's cute! Hope you win a ribbon!

Just learned someone who bought some birds from me this spring won some ribbons at Rogers County Fair last week! Her daughter's langshans from me took Best in Breed cockerel and pullet in blue langshans, best in breed black langshan cockerel, and the pullet won Grand Champion for the junior class! Makes me so happy for them!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom