***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Not sure who you mean...we make our own compost from spent hay, cow manure, chicken litter and garden waste.
There recent high winds knocked the power off but the babies have hatched! More than I thought would. Candling the eggs in the styrofoam incubators this morning. Pictures coming soon.
But here are my baby ducks...

And some of the juveniles

Oh how adorable, how many hatched?! What are the little black and white chicks? Love the color!

The white body with the black laced collar are Columbian Wyandotte. Here is what they look like fully grown.

These black and yellow babies are the Blue and Black Cochin.

Last edited:
There are 19 new babies from the 5/3 hatch...one is a white NN.

and 26 from the 5/1 hatch

And the two incubators held well. Only removed 8 of 50 CW1 pen eggs....that leaves 42 CW1 eggs, 11 CW Lt/DK, 5 layer, 1WW, 2 Serama, and 10 ducks.....a total of 71 eggs still thriving. Of those 8 removed 4 were duds and 4 were quitters.

Last edited:
I haven`t seen any signs that she will require any special care......Sorry about your peeps! Another keeper, this one is also a little over 2 months old.
OMG how adorable!!! What is it called? I want!!! I'm not too thrilled with that place and I will not be buying any more birds there. I will say so far the 4 buff brahmas I bought are still okay. I think I will stick to Atwoods since I haven't had any probs minus the one duckling that died but that could've been because I took them outside to swim when they were too young. Thank you!

The white body with the black laced collar are Columbian Wyandotte. Here is what they look like fully grown.

These black and yellow babies are the Blue and Black Cochin.

AHA! I've been looking at those, so pretty! If I'm not careful I will end up with a few of everything out there! I have 3 white cochin and I love them so I will probably get more of these also.

OMG how adorable!!! What is it called? I want!!!
I'm not too thrilled with that place and I will not be buying any more birds there. I will say so far the 4 buff brahmas I bought are still okay. I think I will stick to Atwoods since I haven't had any probs minus the one duckling that died but that could've been because I took them outside to swim when they were too young. Thank you!

It`s a Black Showgirl....Attending Poultry shows are a great way to meet the breeders, there is one in Norman on June 3rd.

It`s a Black Showgirl....Attending Poultry shows are a great way to meet the breeders, there is one in Norman on June 3rd. 

Where do they have the shows? I have never been, I only decided to try chickens about a year ago, never would I have imagined how much I would love these little funny, friendly, feathered babes Thank you for the info!

Where do they have the shows? I have never been, I only decided to try chickens about a year ago, never would I have imagined how much I would love these little funny, friendly, feathered babes Thank you for the info!

Cleveland County Fairgrounds, 615 E Robinson St, Norman, OK

https://www.facebook.com/events/1686870108278257/

Shows are a lot of fun, my Wife and I plan on going......

Back
Top Bottom