***OKIES in the BYC III ***

NE OK as well. NW of Vinita. Some Dark Cornish and half Cornish half RIR hens that hatched last year and various free range chickens and guineas, horses, Zebu (mini Brahma cattle), Heelers and some stupid goats
NE Oklahoma and as of now I only got 5 hens. I've had up to 15 but over the last 5-6 years I've lost some here and there. How bout you?

We had Red to the vet today after he charged a coyote he saw in the front pasture...only problem was he was outnumbered!! Three coyotes attacked him before Roger could get to them. A heifer cow had lost her first calf thru the night and the coyotes were drawn to the dead calf. Red hates coyotes.

20 staples in his leg to close big bite marks and numerous smaller punctures were cleaned and dusted. He is unable to use his left back leg and has trouble now with the other.

At 9 years old Red has degenerative discs in his lower back and we had ordered a wheel chair for him recently because he was beginning to have trouble walking. Now the wheel chair will be a daily necessity until his leg heals. We are accepting that Red may be in his wheel chair from now on.
Will have to post a photo of Red in his two wheeled chair.
Editing to add some photos:
Brinklee, trip, Red 037.JPG

There is a sling in the back to support the injured leg so it doesn't drag on the ground.
Brinklee, trip, Red 042.JPG

Last edited:
We had Red to the vet today after he charged a coyote he saw in the front pasture...only problem was he was outnumbered!! Three coyotes attacked him before Roger could get to them. A heifer cow had lost her first calf thru the night and the coyotes were drawn to the dead calf. Red hates coyotes.

20 staples in his leg to close big bite marks and numerous smaller punctures were cleaned and dusted. He is unable to use his left back leg and has trouble now with the other.

At 9 years old Red has degenerative discs in his lower back and we had ordered a wheel chair for him recently because he was beginning to have trouble walking. Now the wheel chair will be a daily necessity until his leg heals. We are accepting that Red may be in his wheel chair from now on.
Will have to post a photo of Red in his two wheeled chair.
Editing to add some photos: View attachment 1036515
There is a sling in the back to support the injured leg so it doesn't drag on the ground.
View attachment 1036517
THE like was about the wheel chair allowing him time to heal and ambulate,not about the calf or the attack.

out of the six call duck eggs i put under my silkie only one made it 4 were eaten buy a snake and the other didn't make it all the way out of the shell but my call duck hen went broody a couple of weeks later, not sure if i will be able to slip this larger chick in with them when they hatch or not...what do you all think.

68378.jpg

out of the six call duck eggs i put under my silkie only one made it 4 were eaten buy a snake and the other didn't make it all the way out of the shell but my call duck hen went broody a couple of weeks later, not sure if i will be able to slip this larger chick in with them when they hatch or not...what do you all think.

68378.jpg
I don't know about ducks, but it wouldn't work w/ chickens.

Back
Top Bottom