***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Back home from Stillwater finally. Went to pick peaches this morning and ended up having to replace a tire. We went to look for sand plums on the way home from the orchard and ended up running over something and blowing out a tire in the middle of nowhere. Fun. We stood in the shade admiring someone's horse while the guys changed it out for the spare (thankfully we had one). I'm glad my hubby was with me. Was worried about the birds and rabbits in the heat since we've been setting up a mister about noon and bringing the rabbits inside about then too but we couldn't get the tire replaced until almost 2:00. They all seemed fine though they were panting a lot when we got home. Hopefully in the few cooler days we have coming we'll be able to get the garage conversion done with the a/c unit and at least not have to carry the rabbits in and out of the house every day.

Those buff cochins bantams are sure cute. I'd take them if I wasn't in limbo at the moment with income sources. If you still have them in a week or so and our situation has stabilized, I'd take them then. I just can't add not knowing what's going to happen.

I did have an idea today about a way to make some income that we would love to do. Just don't know if it's really feasible or how to market it. Instead of being a "pet" sitter, I could be a "farm" sitter ... take care of chickens, horses, goats, etc and water the garden, collect eggs, whatever needed done. I do know there are a lot of people who just don't go anywhere because they don't have anyone to watch their critters. Of course it would only be feasible within a certain distance of my home or I'd spend everything I make in gas for my vehicle.
at times I sure could use a farm sitter (although its a verysmall farm LOL) we rely on my husbands cousin but he works so its not always feasible for hime either.

i went by tractor supply and they had 7'x110' deer netting for $19.99 so i got a roll and it only rang up $9.99
celebrate.gif

We zip tie the shade cloth to the fencing and when it is over an area that doesn't have a solid base (like over an open top of a pen) we take cord and zig-sag it across the top of the shade cloth, so it doesn't catch the wind and become a parachute.

On another note - we were heading to OKC this evening from Texas, along I44, when Jaxon called to see where we were. Hubby told him we were close to where where Jaxon used to go to the (Fletcher) chicken auction with me. Jaxon got it in his mind that we were close to Newcastle instead, because he called about 30 minutes later to see if we were home yet. Some families explain things in distance or time, we explain them in relation to chicken auction locations
gig.gif

Good Saturday morning to all!!! erinszoo, you went right by my house on your way home, almost, I live east of 177 on 64 about 2.5 miles! Thanks Monty!! Marybeth great to see you online and Monty too!!! Sure miss all the old gang! Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!! Lynn

Good morning every OKIE! Looks to be another warm one.
Have to post a few pictures before I go out to weed in the garden and start the water.
Our new Parakeet Ice that appeared on the farm:

The geese Charlotte and Ninya that we adopted. They were the Easter geese that were vitamin deficient and have a few issues with stunted growth. They are both improving and have gained weight.

The calf with the cas. He will wear it for 4 - 6 weeks and is getting penicillin shots for 10 days. Surprising how adaptive these critters are.

And..Our two dogs Gracie and Red have decided that anytime they get in the Ranger, we are supposed to take them for a ride. Also...you can barely see a Purple Martin pole in the background on the right.

And a chicken related picture Charlotte and Ninya visiting their neighbors. The chickens are 4 and 5 months old and have open access to the big pen..they just seem to like going back into the shade in their coop pen. They also enjoy the geese pool in all this heat.

Lynn I've probably been past your house many times then. I'll wave next time ... which will be later this morning as we are headed back to Stillwater again. So, how do you know when your children are into being farmers? My daughter's birthday is today and all she asked for was a cowboy hat, a multi-tool (so she can open the straw bales on her own), and another bantam. She'd ask for a horse but she knows we don't have anywhere to keep it.

Lynn I've probably been past your house many times then. I'll wave next time ... which will be later this morning as we are headed back to Stillwater again. So, how do you know when your children are into being farmers? My daughter's birthday is today and all she asked for was a cowboy hat, a multi-tool (so she can open the straw bales on her own), and another bantam. She'd ask for a horse but she knows we don't have anywhere to keep it.
Ha Ha Ha sounds like my kids!!! Stop by some time, we live on the east side of the church coming into Morrison! She can check out our two horses!!! Lynn

Back
Top Bottom