***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hi!
We are close to Owasso,Sperry,Collinsville. The name of our place is Butterbean Acres.
We have RRs BRs and EEs with a few mutt babies from this springs hatch.
We lost an EE just the other day from the heat, even though we have fans, plenty of water, shade and I take ice out to the at least twice a day. THIS HEAT IS BRUTAL!

I have the need of someone to process some young roosters, we have too many :(
Does anyone know of anyone in my area that does this? I just can't bring myself to do it and I dont want to have a bunch of roos fighting.

Thanks for any advice.

Co.fair's are coming soon dont see much talk about chicken' show's ...Sure mis Sooner hope her bird's are doing wel...Liked the pic of the gease Poco...Buster you are giving Ronny some competion now ....

Michael, I don't think I could ever give Ronnie competition. He knows what he is doing and I'm just learning. Besides, he has a big head start in the customer department. People like him. :)

Last edited:
My Polish died last night. I also had a fan, a mister and a foot bath for the chickens. My other birds are fine but she began to act like she had a stroke or something. She just became "silly," later lost her balance and then could not support her own body weight. Her poo smelled foul as well. Not very nice. I don't know what role the heat played but it couldn't have helped. Sorry for your loss.
Welcome to BYC and the Okie thread. Sorry to hear about the loss of your Polish...they are some neat birds.

Hubby and I were out picking up the road litter since the mowers were coming our direction. We like to pick up the trash along the road before the mowers hit it and then the pieces blow into the pasture where the calves nibble on it. Anyway, picked up lots of pages from a magazine that we certainly didn't need in the pasture for the bulls to read....just a little too risque
ep.gif
lau.gif

I'm having to shread the pages so the grandsons don't get a peek.

Quote:
Not to start, but some day. Right now selling directly to customers is keeping me as busy as I want to be.

We have a work around for the MPU. We will have several options. I can't butcher your birds for you. But I can run my MPU over to your place so you can do them yourself. People can just rent it and do their own birds, or they can hire me to train them, which would of course take the whole day and many birds to do because it is so, [ahem], complicated. Or they could butcher them themselves, and they are legally allowed helpers, and the USDA prefers those helpers be trained. I'm trained and my wife is better trained, so folks can hire us to "help" them process. There is nothing in the regs that says how much of the actual processing the owner of the birds need to do. It just needs to be on farm and needs to be done by them.

With helpers.

Our goal is to promote the sustainable raising of meat birds around the state. We can also train people how to work within the regulations and with farmers market managers to process and sell their birds legally.

Someday, when all avenues are exhausted, we will look into USDA inspected processing. But I'm leery of government oversight. The less I have of it, the better. I'll work within the law, but I don't like Big Brother looking over my shoulder.

Gives me the heebyjeebies.

ETA
All I need to complete the supplies for my MPU is a good trailer, and you can bet I will be attending many auctions in the coming weeks scoping for trailers.

Last edited:
Hubby and I were out picking up the road litter since the mowers were coming our direction.
We like to pick up the trash along the road before the mowers hit it and then the pieces blow
into the pasture where the calves nibble on it.
Anyway, picked up lots of pages from a magazine that we certainly didn't need in the pasture
for the bulls to read....just a little too risque!
PlayBull or Heiferhouse?

My Polish died last night. I also had a fan, a mister and a foot bath for the chickens. My other birds are fine but she began to act like she had a stroke or something. She just became "silly," later lost her balance and then could not support her own body weight. Her poo smelled foul as well. Not very nice. I don't know what role the heat played but it couldn't have helped. Sorry for your loss.
frow.gif
from Henryetta and
welcome-byc.gif
and the okie thread, sorry your first post is a sad one though.

Hi!
We are close to Owasso,Sperry,Collinsville. The name of our place is Butterbean Acres.
We have RRs BRs and EEs with a few mutt babies from this springs hatch.
We lost an EE just the other day from the heat, even though we have fans, plenty of water, shade and I take ice out to the at least twice a day. THIS HEAT IS BRUTAL!
I have the need of someone to process some young roosters, we have too many
sad.png

Does anyone know of anyone in my area that does this? I just can't bring myself to do it and I dont want to have a bunch of roos fighting.
Thanks for any advice.
LOL LOL at your location.

But I have not answer to your question.

Back
Top Bottom