***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Just dropping in to say - I have chickens again! In the nine months since our move to Duncan, I have been completely pet-less. But I got four laying hens from a coworker, and so I now have 3 Barred Rocks and 1 Rhode Island Red hen =)

This sweet little Frizzle guy is in need of a home. I don't want any $ for him, just the peace of mind that he is being well taken care of. If you know anyone interested let me know!

Just dropping in to say - I have chickens again! In the nine months since our move to Duncan, I have been completely pet-less. But I got four laying hens from a coworker, and so I now have 3 Barred Rocks and 1 Rhode Island Red hen =)
frow.gif
Good to see you back and having chickens again is awesome!
celebrate.gif

That's a beautiful little frizzle guy but my neighbors are already screaming about the four roos I already have so I can't add any more right now. We got home from the fair tonight and one of our barred rocks was gone. She was in the yard of the empty house yesterday but we didn't really think anything about it because she stayed in our yard all day today. But we left to go the fair grounds again about 5:30 this evening and left them all out in the main yard instead of closing them in their pens, so when we got home is was almost 10:00 and we couldn't find her. We even went searching with flashlights (more fodder for the neighbors to gossip about) but she was nowhere to be seen. I guess she'll either turn up in the morning or not. Pooey.

Here's pics of our bantams at the fair with their ribbons.

My daughter entered the first and last one and I entered my silkie, which has been the hit of the show. Everyone wants to pet him because he's so odd looking. Note - our little cochin boy is intently staring to his left. There is a cochin girl right next to him and he is smitten with her. He talks and talks and talks to her. It's so funny.

Anyway, all our birds took first, then our ducks and turkeys got reserve champion and champion as well. So we ended up with 32 first place, 7 second place, and 3 third place plus 3 grand champion, 2 reserve grand champion, 5 champion, and 2 reserve champion ribbons and 3 Canning awards overall for the fair. Everything we entered took a ribbon of some kind. First year that's ever happened. I think we done purty well if I do say so myself.

My daughter entered the first and last one and I entered my silkie, which has been the hit of the show. Everyone wants to pet him because he's so odd looking. Note - our little cochin boy is intently staring to his left. There is a cochin girl right next to him and he is smitten with her. He talks and talks and talks to her. It's so funny.

Anyway, all our birds took first, then our ducks and turkeys got reserve champion and champion as well. So we ended up with 32 first place, 7 second place, and 3 third place plus 3 grand champion, 2 reserve grand champion, 5 champion, and 2 reserve champion ribbons and 3 Canning awards overall for the fair. Everything we entered took a ribbon of some kind. First year that's ever happened. I think we done purty well if I do say so myself.
Congratulations, those are some very pretty birds!!

Back
Top Bottom