Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You might also consider looking at some of the flea markets where they make custom tags for the front of your car. I got a rooster tag with my name on it at Old Paris Flea Mkt. in OKC several years ago.

COCHIN Roo, 3-months old, I think Splash is the color(creamy white with mostly brown, some green &: a little black) for sale. I'll be taking him to Chickenstock with me this weekend. Also I am bringing all my silkies, because I'm not absolutely sure which are boys or which are girls LOL!!!!!! I think I know by their behavior and the puffs on their heads, but would like to have someone more experienced look at em. Soooo maybe I'll have a Gray/Blue 3-month old Silkie boy & a Black -1 1/2 month old Silkie boy for sale. (I live in town and can't have any roosters) All of them have been handled and raised by myself and my 6 year old daughter.
You can see them at CHICKENSTOCK THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!Wahooo~~~~~~
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
I think you can do either. Order if ya like something or make up something. I think they are hilarious... my husband fears them if I am loose with a credit card! Hey you guys with limbs need to make firewood! I wish I could pile up firewood everywhere. I take care of my elderly mom and power outages in winter scare the snot out of me. My husband thinks I'm catastrophasizing. Im gonna kick butt and leave a footprint if anything ever happens. You guys in the NE got the brunt of it last year...we hardly got anything at all. But the year before we had 6 inches of the stuff on our road. I don't know how people get the cajones to drive on it...
ep.gif

6008_100_4156.jpg

Country here is one of my BO hennies. They are the sweetest things. They are snuggle hens. I'm sure yours really appreciated being spared the cold last year. I have 40 chickens and am always threatening to bring them in the house just to watch DH have a nosebleed!! See y'all.

BAWK BAWK!

Quote:
Monty,

I talked to Bernita today. She sure seems like good people. We weren't able to do business because of the distance and the high cost of shipping, but I feel like I made a new friend. So I'm still looking for some SQ Barred or Mottled Cochin Bantams.

Thanks,

-Stimp-

Ok... goatta brag on the kids a bit.... We had our second annual Fall Fowl Pumpkin Bonanza today... Nothing like contented hens. They are so GRUMPY with the moulting and cold wind... anything to keep them busy and out of each others hair...eh...er.... feathers!

One of the BRs.. Keeping watch
6008_fal_pumpkin_bonanza_5.jpg

Big girls munchin' out
6008_fall_pumpkin_bonanza_2008_3.jpg

New little guys from the Cement auction
6008_fall_pumpkin_bonanza_2008_6.jpg

Imitation Lakenvelders... I think they are something else entirely... but whatever they are they love pumpkin!
6008_fall_pumpkin_bonanza_2008_1.jpg

Quote:
I'm going to try to. I'll either sell them or end up eating them. I'm getting my roommate to take a bunch up to Chickenstock for me. All that's listed on the for sale page of my website, plus some that I haven't added yet.

Quote:
Thanks... I was pretty sure that they weren't Lakes... But they are really sweet... I am glad they are a heavy breed and supposedly a good egg layer.... Thanks for the info!!
D.gif

Hi all! Haven't been on here in a while. Moved to Sapulpa for a few months and had to give up my chickens. (We were fixing up/living in one of our rental houses). Anyway, I'm back in Mounds with one glorious Americauna named Tiny (short for Clementiny!) Can't wait to get a ton of chickens again, but I guess I'll wait until spring, since I'm expecting a baby any day. It was exciting to see so many Okies on here! Glad to see I have a fellow Mounds resident too. Hi Jim! Look forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you.
Thanks, Ann

Thanks Grace...
smile.png
I try. Alot of folks out here think I'm nuts...I'm constantly cleaning everything and I try to keep em fat and sassy...! They are my sweeties!

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with Mrs. Squeaky's comb? It was fine until about a week ago... now it is turning yellow and peeling. Only the front half... I was wondering if she damaged it on something? Like the feeder... she plays with the towel over their cage constantly... I though maybe she banged it on the bars of her cage.

6008_mrs_squeaky_comb.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom