Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't ya just say the gift was Krap!!!
lau.gif

Did ya let it breathe? Alot of these newer blends not designed for cellaring need to really breathe...I open most of my reds and stick them in a big glass for about an hour before I drink them...even some chards...Rex Goliath Chard is like that...needs some time but then really opens out. I have tinkered with the idea of getting one of those decanters that give reds enough surface space to really oxygenate (sp?) Next time will just buy ya a corona....!!! Can't go wrong there...wow...Coppola is usually prett good....

Quote:
EWWWWWWWWWW warm wine................that is some nasty stuff.
sickbyc.gif

I know I was in Europe a yr and half ago and I got looks when I had wine on ice.............if I have wine here it is COLD. I like the pink ones, isnt that the Chard's? I dont have wine that often.

Quote:
Kewl..............so I am not all screwed up then. I am thinking I might be able to make it tomorrow..........FIL is having a cook out so he who is my other half has to go there. Cant wait to see all ya'll again. Should be able to excuse myself by 5ish............3 kids under 10 that I claim not sure who else kids will be there..............after I raised mine I dont do screaming kids very well.

Quote:
Now you know that's not what I mean silly woman. But when it comes to evaluating wine I shoot from the hip, with way too many years of experiance I never go by the printed reviewexcept from the experts.

Yes of course I let it breathe for awhile, but as I said it had no legs form in the glass and when tilted it showed no sign of a progression so it's dull features even before tasting. I just think it may have been better had it not been re-barreled and it was aged far longer 2006 than I would think a blend would peak. I am not a big fan of the blend, this type of vinting I believe to be a fad and short lived, it is very difficult to master this technic. This is what these tastings try to achieve a good non biased review. There is a place here in Lawton that has tastings every month and they are well put together and done nicely, you should come one time, I think you would like it, we go all the time, the owner JP Ricjard is a friend and we duck hunt together. They have a cellar that has maybe 30,000 bottles available, really nice place to get some good wine.

AL

Quote:
Aren't those great events ??, Do you go often??, do you get their newsletter??.

AL

Haven't been in awhile...you might not have noticed but I have to pry Mike out of this house with a crowbar...He is usually working...he takes all the on-calls he can...he has issues...LOL...Usually me spending dang money on hens and their mysterious maladies.....He owes me a roof!!!

Quote:
You gotta find time to get out and have a laugh and relax some, I need to talk to that boy.

AL

Quote:
My family doctor sent me to a cardiologist and he did the same thing.

Six months later I had a massive heart attack, at the age of 50. Fortunately I had a different heart doc on duty when they wheeled me into the the ER.

Quote:

Six months later I had a massive heart attack, at the age of 50. Fortunately I had a different heart doc on duty when they wheeled me into the the ER.

Yeah I told Mike to just bury me in the yard behind the house by the chicken pen...No one out here knows anything....It's coming...just a question of when....
roll.png

Quote:

you are very fortunate to have ignored the doctor's laughter and insisted that something was wrong. Glad you went to the ER. That is the reason for getting a second opinion when you don't feel right about a doctor's diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom