Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Petey was a Pit Bull. That is how they looked before the idiots ruined the breed by making them smaller and overly agressive.

The most highly decorated dog in war time was a Pit, one of the Marine's Devil Dogs of WW-II. It was the Japanese that gave the dogs that name of Devil Dogs, they were highly feared in the Pacific Theater.

Actually, it was the Germans who gave the Marines the nickname "Devil Dogs" in the battle of Belleau Woods, in WWI. And the Marine's mascot has always been a bulldog.

-Stimp-

Chickens

Quote:
I third, fourth & fifth the other advice the wise BYC Okies have given - apply and finish school even when you get the job. Find a way - it will be so worth it! And congrats on the early graduation date!

Finish school get the job. Congratz. Jenn my oldest daughter is hoping(so am I ) that she will be able to do her internship at OU this next august. It was slightly put on hold this year due to my precious grand daughter. That is doing awesome now, 12 lbs 6 oz at 3 months and being 7 weeks premature. I was so scared that baby girl was gonna be born a texan. Thank you Lord for that okie girl.

13227_photo_8.jpg

this is what she thinks about them longhorns

13227_photo_2.jpg

this is what she thinks of her Nana

13227_photo_5.jpg

she is being a big girl here

Quote:
S,

I had ten 4 week old birds shipped to me from Alabama. They came USPS and took 2 days to get here. and cost $50. Which I thought was a little high, but I didn't lose any birds in transit.

-Stimp-

Chickens

Quote:
S,

I had ten 4 week old birds shipped to me from Alabama. They came USPS and took 2 days to get here. and cost $50. Which I thought was a little high, but I didn't lose any birds in transit.

-Stimp-

Chickens

How were they packaged? any food or water with them?

Quote:
You can use the ends of those heavy black rubber snubbers the kind the truckers use..Just cut them down to about 5 inches and ajust to fit the hole in the tub..seems to work OK..and much cheaper than the rubber fingers

Don
frow.gif

Guess I should have read the rest of the page..before I jumped in
he.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
S,

-Stimp-

Chickens

No, no food or water packed with them. That's the first thing I did when they arrived but they didn't seem in any distress. I kept them in segregated from the rest of the flock for about 3 weeks then just turned them out with the rest of the birds.

-Stimp-

Quote:

No, no food or water packed with them. That's the first thing I did when they arrived but they didn't seem in any distress. I kept them in segregated from the rest of the flock for about 3 weeks then just turned them out with the rest of the birds.

-Stimp-

Thanks stimp

Quote:
Yes! And finish school.

Unless I disremember wrong, without having to do the internship, this is her last semester. She is graduating early because she is so smart.

So, yeah. Go for the job!

Quote:
You can use the ends of those heavy black rubber snubbers the kind the truckers use..Just cut them down to about 5 inches and ajust to fit the hole in the tub..seems to work OK..and much cheaper than the rubber fingers

Don
frow.gif

Guess I should have read the rest of the page..before I jumped in
he.gif

Don,

What are rubber snubbers? I mean, I know exactly what they are but why don't you explain them for those that don't know.

-Stimp-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom