Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's everyone doing tonight/today? I'm up not feelin too well. And to add to my late-night dismay, the clock on my computer has a different time than the rest of the ones in the house... I've stumbled around the house for about 15 minutes trying to decide if I was still asleep.
lol.png
Hope everyone remembered to change their clocks!

LOL Country. I had forgotten too! Just look down to realize it after reading your post.

I have been up & down all night. Madison is pretty much getting sick every two hours. She has been sleeping for a while now so I am hoping that is a good sign.

Morning all,

Here are my 2 grandkids.

Dylan he is 6

13227_p9240094.jpg

Claire she is 3 1/2 months old.
13227_pa300128.jpg

Got all the tractors and 1 hoop house moved yesterday. Moving the hoop house was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I still have some cattle panels left so will try and talk Lynn into helping me get a couple more built. Got everyone wormed yesterday, have not went out yet to see if I killed them all.

Morning Everyone!

Have a lot to do today, glad the weather is going to be nice. Moving my Law Grey (avatar pic) eggs into the hatching tray, they are due on the 4th but my incubator has been pumpin out chicks a little early.

Also moving 28 bantam & 5 Lacey Roundhead chicks to the big brooder in an out building today. They are all feathering up real nice and looking very good. The hens in my BB Red brood pen have started laying, and my the black OEGB hen from that pair is also laying finally. The Blue Breasted Red trio are a bunch of slackers, no eggs yet.

Heres something kinda strange. Remember those three buff hens I got out of Inola a few months back? Here's a pic...

39717_dsc05880.jpg

All three are laying now but the eggs are more PINK than brown!! Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but those eggs are pink.

Quote:
Yippee, Jacksonmom - You found us! You will learn lots on this site - something new all the time. We have some other good folks in Choctaw, so you live in a good area. When Buckguy20 gets back from hunting and gets time, I'm sure he'll add you to the list of Okies in the first post of this thread. Don't worry about how much we chat on here - just jump in and if we seem to overlook your question about chickens, keep bugging us - sometimes we get so far ahead of ourselves we need to be directed back to chicken stuff - don't be shy!

MAllen - Are these those that you posted a pic of a while back? They
looked a little darker in the earlier pics, but may have been the
lighting. There's a NHR back up the pike somewhere....LOL They
should be some excellent layers.

It surprises me that the New Hampshire Reds aren't more widespread
here. They are an excellent dual purpose bird and totally docile.

Dandelion - Keep an eye on the other guy headed for Fayetteville.
Am thinking the traffic will be really heavy, especially coming up
#71 north of Ft. Smith. That's about the only decent highway
for the fans from Little Rock to get to Fayetteville for the game.
Doesn't matter whether they're ranked or not..... the Razorback
bunch is serious....LOL Years ago I worked for a guy in Little Rock
that belongd to a large club that all had old converted ambulances,
lights and all, and they made convoys to the games. Yup, over
there.........the law looks the other way when Arkansas is playing......

smfamf - Lauren did get her note and pictures, didn't she?

Gotta go to a birthday party this afternoon for TJ's best "senior"
buddy - Bill's 95 year old aunt. He's taller than she is. She still
rakes hay in her combine and raises cattle. Have put the word
out....if Aunt Edna cuts herself, I want a transfusion !!!!!!!!

Have a good one !

Quote:
Hi crazychick! I hope you like your chickens - it's funny how your family got back into them - I'm glad they don't have an Elephant you-catch-it-you-keep-it rodeo...

I haven't caught up with the thread yet, but if you post pictures of the birds you're not sure about on the What Breed Or Gender Is This? forum in the main BYC site you'll probably get some answers.

Quote:
Hey OldTownChickens! Are you a regular auction-goer like some of our folks on here? As far as I can tell about us chicken people, there are three things to watch out for: Chickens/Chicks, Poultry Auctions, and Hatching. If you can do that you may not catch the cluck sickness...but it hasn't worked for any of us...

Anyway,
welcome-byc.gif

TJ's Na-Na :

MAllen - Are these those that you posted a pic of a while back? They
looked a little darker in the earlier pics, but may have been the
lighting. There's a NHR back up the pike somewhere....LOL They
should be some excellent layers.

It surprises me that the New Hampshire Reds aren't more widespread
here. They are an excellent dual purpose bird and totally docile.

Hi Na-Na, yes these are the same girls and I think you're right about the NHR blood. In fact when I bought them they came with a NHR roo and he sure is a looker!

39717_dsc05937.jpg

He's a big & handsome devil, (his breast is really big!!), that takes good care of the entire flock, although I was a little worried about his eyesight when he tried to mount Maria's female duck. That was just odd and the duck did not like it one bit.
ep.gif

We have red tail hawks that nest about 1/4 mile away & Amos (NHR Roo) keeps a close eye out for them. When he growls all the other chickens hit the coop door like their pants are on fire, but he stays out in the run & makes this aweful growling sound at the hawks..... I think he wants to mount them also
big_smile.png

I wormed everyone a week ago and have saved all the eggs since then. I'm going to put them in the incubator and see if all the roos are doing their jobs.​

yuckyuck.gif

TJ's Na-Na :

Dandelion - Keep an eye on the other guy headed for Fayetteville.
Am thinking the traffic will be really heavy, especially coming up
#71 north of Ft. Smith. That's about the only decent highway
for the fans from Little Rock to get to Fayetteville for the game.
Doesn't matter whether they're ranked or not..... the Razorback
bunch is serious....LOL Years ago I worked for a guy in Little Rock
that belongd to a large club that all had old converted ambulances,
lights and all, and they made convoys to the games. Yup, over
there.........the law looks the other way when Arkansas is playing......

???

That's okay. I lived in DC for a few years. I can handle 'em.
rant.gif

Hopefully, the girls will be sleeping. Maybe I need to have the girls watching movies with headphones!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom