Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all!
We haven't been too busy beyond breaking water troughs and keeping the chicken water flowing.
The snow still hasn't melted! I really hope we don't get anymore. Had to reschedule Christmas with my mom and then with my dad for this weekend. Last weekend really had me feeling mopey.

Just got my burpee catalog in the mail yesterday. Has anyone ever planted anything in the coop just for the chickens to nibble on? Or would their nibbling prevent anything from really growing to do them any good?

Well, I guess I'll try to go about and pretend that the sky is not grey and cloudy!

Tanya

Well what an interesting morning. My mom was supposed to have a doc's appointment this morning. I called her to let her know I was on my way and turns out no one had gotten her up. She was still in bed. So I called the doc's to reshedule and they had no record of the appointment even being made!!!
he.gif
Anyways I am now free to move about the cabin!!

Quote:
Well, congrats for being free to move about the cabin... and glad you didn't get to the dr's office before you found out there wasn't an appointment!

Quote:
When I finally get up the $ to gut my house and re-do the interior before I sell it, I'll have to hit you up for the name of a contractor.
smile.png

Wait! I have the name of a good contractor. Let's see... Hmmmm... I know it's around here somewhere... some dude with chickens or something...

Nope. Popped right ouf of my head. I'll let you know if I remember it.

lol.png

Quote:
When I finally get up the $ to gut my house and re-do the interior before I sell it, I'll have to hit you up for the name of a contractor.
smile.png

Wait! I have the name of a good contractor. Let's see... Hmmmm... I know it's around here somewhere... some dude with chickens or something...

Nope. Popped right ouf of my head. I'll let you know if I remember it.

lol.png

I know... he's just much farther south and I'm not sure I'd be able to afford his "skillz".
lol.png
Besides, it'll be a long time yet. I owe too much on other things.

Quote:
I have a friend who makes frames of 2 x 4s on edge with chicken wire covering the expanse that he places in the poultry pens. He then seeds that area. When the vegetation reaches the size he wants, he moves the frame to another section and begins again. I believe he alternates enough of these that his poultry have fresh greens all season long.

Quote:
I have a friend who makes frames of 2 x 4s on edge with chicken wire covering the expanse that he places in the poultry pens. He then seeds that area. When the vegetation reaches the size he wants, he moves the frame to another section and begins again. I believe he alternates enough of these that his poultry have fresh greens all season long.

thanks Betsy!
That's really a neat idea! Any idea on what the best veggies might be to plant? Should I look at herbs or leafy greens.
Tanya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom