Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Sorry about the stuck truck. My driveway is turning into a mudbog pretty quick. Can't wait for it to dry up!!

Lovin' the jokes!
lol.png

Tanya

Quote:
Betsy,

Are the flats covered with wire to allow the shoots to grow through but keep the chickens from digging? If not, how are the flats kept/arranged in the pens? I'm interested in trying this in the spring, but I haven't found a way, short of covering what's growing with hex netting, to keep the chickens from digging everything up.

He makes frames of 2 x 4s on edge to whatever size he has room for, covering them with 1" poultry netting, I believe. He places them along the edges of his pens or wherever they'll get the most sunlight. When the greenery grows tall enough that it emerges from the wire and the chickens nibble on it, he removes the frames. All the greens are pretty quickly devoured.

Quote:
Yup, and golfers don't help the situation either.
sad.png
Nor do the holes my dog digs!
th.gif

What happened to the mostly sunny forecast for today? I haven't seen the sun and it's been overcast and misting the whole time!
rant.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Hiya Grace.

I have about a hundred people on my mailing list and we all exchange jokes. I get a new bunch every morning so I thought I'd share some with you guys.

-Stimp-

Quote:
Hiya Grace.

I have about a hundred people on my mailing list and we all exchange jokes. I get a new bunch every morning so I thought I'd share some with you guys.

-Stimp-

You need to do that more often! They are great....!

Quote:
Sorry about the stuck truck. My driveway is turning into a mudbog pretty quick. Can't wait for it to dry up!!

Lovin' the jokes!
lol.png

Tanya

Now y'all, doncha know that planting a truck (or in my Dad's case, a tractor) does NOT mean it will grow and make new ones?

A young cowboy comes in to a bar down south. He has been working hard pushing cattle all day sits down at the bar gets a drink looks across the bar a a old cowboy sitting there over a bowl of Chile the young cowboy said to the old cowboy if your not going to eat that pass it down here so the old cowboy did . the young cowboy starts to scarf it down gets to the last few bites looks down and sees a rat in the bowl throws back up in the bowl. the old cowboy looks over and says that how far I got to
gig.gif
lau.gif
sickbyc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom